Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: The Countdown

Default The Countdown

10 days until I will be nursing my one year old! Honestly girls, I am so happy to be nursing so strong at this point. Clayton was slowly weaning by this point, and was weaned at 15 months 6 days. Now with Adelyn she is going strong and we aren't even thinking about weaning, we are just letting this journey go however it may. I am so sad that my itty bitty baby is getting to be such a big girl. It's so hard this time, I wish my kids could just slow down growing.

Thank you ladies for all that you have given me, what gifts no other could, and that were so important to the woman and mom that I have become. I would never have made it to 15 months with my son, who had a terrible latch and needed the nipple shield for almost 9 months. I would have never been brave enough to face the difficult birth I had with him and move on and do it differently with Adelyn. Her birth was so amazing and renewing. I had all of you behind me, and that made such a difference. I got the birth I had always dreamed of, and a baby girl who got to latch on in the minutes after her arrival. I was able to take on nursing her with a toddler, with little help from my DH, thanks to his job and remodeling the house we own. With out you all as my sounding board, I don't think I would have stayed sane. I cloth diapered her sweet bum from the beginning, and did our own thing regarding solids. Nursing her in public with no worries. You all gave me the knowledge and the confidence to do things our way.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I wouldn't be half the mom and woman I am today if it wasn't for all of you.
    Last edited by @llli*mumma2thumper; July 13th, 2010 at 08:46 AM.
    Mama to my Rubies
    C '07
    A '09
    And my Christmas Eve baby
    L '12
    I will carry you all my life
    And I will praise the one who's chosen me to carry you
    W Apr '11
    R Nov '11
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart. *Helen Kellar*

Default Re: The Countdown

I could copy your post exactly and add 1 year to it I'm counting down with you for our sweet girls' birthday!!!
    All over the world there exists in every society a small group of women who feel themselves strongly attracted to giving care to other women during pregnancy and childbirth. Failure to make use of this group of highly motivated people is regrettable and a sin against the principle of subsidiary. ~ Dr. Kloosterman, Chief of OB/GYN, Univ. of Amsterdam, Holland

**Leslie**

Mama to:
    Shiloh (5/6/06) Nursed for 13 months and Josephine (7/26/08) Nursed for 23.5 mos Currently nursing my new little firecracker, Finley Catherine, born on the 4th of July!!

Wow, I really can't believe it's been a year!! Adelyn, you sweet baby girl, you made your mama (and family)so happy!!

I'm Heather, SAHM to Cooper , born 1/2007
    and Bennett, our precious NICU grad born 8/2009
    and wife to Bill since 10/2003!
    We're young, but we know we can do it!
    Life with the Stevens-blog

I'm an Ergo Baby Carrier affiliate!

Leslie, I didn't remember that Joey's birthday was the same as Clayton's!
    Mama to my Rubies
    C '07
    A '09
    L '12
    W Apr '11
    R Nov '11
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart. *Helen Kellar*

Laura, you are an amazing mama, and you have given way more than you've gotten here. Happy almost-birthday, Adelyn!

Happy almost birthday to Adelyn! It seems like just yesterday we were waiting (a little anxiously) for her birth announcement. I was so glad to read your beautiful birth story.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*norasmommy View Post
    Happy almost birthday to Adelyn! It seems like just yesterday we were waiting (a little anxiously) for her birth announcement. I was so glad to read your beautiful birth story.

right back at you mama!
    Kelly

Mommy to Gabriel born 12/25/06 Breastfed 12/25/06 - 12/09 and possibly here and there still
    Madelyn born 9/24/09 delivered at home and caught by my husband

"To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."

You all are so amazing.
    Mama to my Rubies
    C '07
    A '09
    L '12
    W Apr '11
    R Nov '11

Awww, I can't believe Adelyn is almost 1!! Wow, how time flies. First birthday is sneaking up on me for Mason too...

Happy early birthday Adelyn!!
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.

Congrats on almost making it a year, Laura! You're a wonderful mama!

Happy early birthday to your sweet baby girl!
    I'm Anna
    Proud mama to my 2 little high needs "koala bears":

Ethan born 8/23/08
    Bfed for 22 months, weaned with love 7/2010

Lucas, born 1/6/11
    Nursing strong for 19 MONTHS!

Cloth diapering 1 full-time even though I'm constantly ! Currently in potty training mode. We also and