Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yogurt?

Default Re: Yogurt?

Will do!

~Meg~
    Wife to Ray (09/07/07)and Mama to:
    Xander (01/19/07) nursed for 30 months
    Liam (12/12/09) still nursing through the night and in the mornings!
    Sebastian (7/29/12) my newest little nursling who graciously shares his milk with big brother!

My mother was all on me over the phone when I let a comment slip about letting him gnaw on a pizza crust (wheat). And it makes me nervous and second-guess myself when she uses that 'tone'. Ugh. I should be grateful that she supports bf, babywearing and bedsharing and I don't have to argue about that...

So basically since Z is 7.5 mo I could give him anything but honey or something that could be a choking hazard? What about multiple ingredient foods? I had heard foods had to be introduced as a single ingredient before they could be mixed so that allergens can be identified more easily, and that there should be at least 3 days in between new foods. I've been trying to pick out veggies and such from our meal that he can have, but sometimes I don't think about it until ingredients come in contact with each other. It would be easier say, if I could still give him ground beef after it's been cooked in tomato sauce. That sort of thing.
    Sharon
    SAHM to my boys:
    Z, my land-lubber born 11/09
    Nursed for 22 months, 18 of those with a tongue and lip tie
    Allergies to peanuts and tree nuts

E, my water baby born 05/12
    Currently nursing through the aftermath of a tongue and lip tie revision, still trying to work it out

We , , and !

I'd still introduce one food at a time and wait a couple days before adding another new food.

The change is that it doesn't seem to decrease allergies by waiting to introduce foods after a certain age. My interpretation is that the child is either going to be allergic or not, and it isn't related to when they first ate that food.
    Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)

Thanks! I guess I will start carefully introducing dairy, wheat, eggs, and soy then, so we will have more multiple ingredient options open up after that. We have no history of food allergies and only very mild pollen allergies (not even enough for medication) in our families so that eases my nerves a little bit, but still...oy, having children is so nerve-wracking!
    Sharon
    SAHM to my boys:
    Z, my land-lubber born 11/09
    Nursed for 22 months, 18 of those with a tongue and lip tie
    Allergies to peanuts and tree nuts

E, my water baby born 05/12
    Currently nursing through the aftermath of a tongue and lip tie revision, still trying to work it out

We , , and !

I'm currently feeding my barely 8 mo. old plain greek yogurt for breakfast and he loves it. Trying to stay away from sugar as long as possible! A lot of yogurt has a lot of sweeteners added so if you can, start with plain. I've noticed that it does help with digestion so that's a bonus!
    - Melissa mommy of Judah, 11/14/2009, and soon-to-be mommy of #2 in 2011 <3