Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 13oz in 3 months

Default Re: 13oz in 3 months

I am going to embarrass myself here - this is the kid who's weight I worry about. She doesn't really deserve to be called lean does she?

I would size it down but I have only (after years) learned to post these things
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

Oh, she is just lovely and perfect! Just the right number of tender little rolls.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Thank you. It is amazing what a combination of a severely undernourished DS and a bad case of PPD can have you worrying about. How is unicorn?

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*durhamgrrl View Post
    Thank you. It is amazing what a combination of a severely undernourished DS and a bad case of PPD can have you worrying about.
    I understand completely. You hear "every baby is different" but you can't really believe it until you have the second baby and... it's all different. When DD2 was born, I was terrified that I was going to have the same problem with low supply that I had with DD1, and I was really, really close to getting a pump and pumping my little heart out. Which I'm glad I didn't do because I ended up with oversupply and OALD even without pumping!

How is unicorn?
    Enormous. You want to see a fat kid... The pediatrician shook her head and joked "I just hate to see a baby waste away like this." And this little unicorn is going to be TROUBLE- at 4.5 months she's pivoting on her tummy and rolling all over the place! When she starts getting into big sister's toys I think we're going to have some nuclear meltdowns.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

She is certainly LESS lean than my DD for one.

She looks good!!

she is mostly in 6 mo clothes, but she is totally proportional

Family beds are awesome

I read often and don't post enough, but I had to jump in to say your DD looks absolutely sweet. And lean is not a word I'd use to describe her in the least. I was skimming the thread, saw the pic, and figured she was around 9 months old. Then went back over and saw I was on target. She looks great!

I also have a small, lean DD, and get all the comments, and I very much relate to the worry. I likely have a bit of PPD kicking around too.

Hope your WELL baby visit goes WELL!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*durhamgrrl View Post
    I am going to embarrass myself here - this is the kid who's weight I worry about. She doesn't really deserve to be called lean does she?
    Mama to Lorenzo, born 4/25/2007. NICU graduate, Gastro-Esohapgeal Reflux, Obstructive Sleep Apnea, Sensory Processing Disorder...alive and thriving thanks to breastfeeding and co-sleeping.

Those who say it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it.
    Chinese Proverb