Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: A Confident Baby!

Default A Confident Baby!

So, I was with a friend in Toys R Us and asked a sales rep. about an item I was looking for. She was walking fast and I could not get Emmanuel to follow us so I asked my friend to watch him for me for a few minutes. My man did not bother at all! I was out of sight for a few minutes and when I returned my friend said something that made me feel great about all the time and effort we put into this baby. She said "He was fine! He wasn't anxious that you left or anything... He saw you walk away and then continued looking at all the stuff." I was so happy! Bfing the baby and spending lots and lots of time with mommy really helped, didn't it? Made mama proud!
    Proud Momma to Emmanuel Stephen (2/14/09).

22 months and counting!
    :

Default Re: A Confident Baby!

Aww, that's sweet. He knew you'd be back.

Breastfeeding my 4 year old

A "friend" of mine once mentioned that "I thought babies that were held all the time were less clingy? N still wants to be picked up all the time".

He was 6 months old

I responded with "well, if I continue to pick him up every time he wants or needs me he will be confident that I'm always here, and when that time comes I'm sure he will become more independent"

And here we are at 2 and he is super social, will go with anyone, very independent. Because he knows that his mama will always come back

Hmmmm......
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

awww, so sweet! Though I have the opposite... DD is super clingy to me, (so was DS). But I take that as a sign of her being attached to me so I am doing something right...lol Wheather confident or attached, we mommas do a great job with nursing and caring for our LO's!
    Mommy of 4,
    3 who I watch over, 1 who watches over all of us

J- 8/20/05 pumped breastmilk for 11 months due to his cleft lip and palate!

M- 10/17/07 my precious baby lives forever in her mommys heart

M- 3/31/09 my special gift, she helps heal her mommy and daddys heart. Nursed for 4 years and 10 days, self weaned the day her baby brother was born!

E-, new little miracle born 4/11/13, my BIG baby! Born 8.6 at 38 weeks. At 9 weeks nearly 17lbs, at 12 weeks nearly 20lbs, at 6 months nearly 23lbs, at 8 months nearly 25lbs and all from BREASTMILK

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*dara View Post
    Wheather confident or attached, we mommas do a great job with nursing and caring for our LO's!
    True dat!

I had a car emergency and had to leave him with our Italian neighbor yesterday afternoon for an hour (she's the same age as our nanas). No probs at all there either... At some point he went to the front door looking to open it but then again he does that with all doors!

Hmmm. Wonder if he's ready for daycare!...
    Proud Momma to Emmanuel Stephen (2/14/09).

22 months and counting!
    :