Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Medela Bottle label coming off; permanent marker

Unhappy Medela Bottle label coming off; permanent marker

I've been using medela bottles for pumping milk for almost 2 months and SADLY, the measurement labels are coming off!! Does this also happen to you?

And is it ok to use permanent marker to reassign the measurements? or will the marker seep in through the bottle? I've only read of not using it on plastic bags because it will seep in. But is it the same on BPA-free bottles like medela?

Also, does anyone know if whiteboard markers come off plastic bottles after each wash? I'm stocking my breastmilk in AVENT bpa free bottles in the ref but I wanted to date them because they can only last for 5 days. As much as possible I wanted to give milk from the ref instead of the freezer so the chance of losing nutrients in the milk would lessen because there's no more thawing process.

Thanks!
    First time mom to Baby Boy S (May 10, 2010)
    After 1 and half months of purely bottle feeding my breastmilk, I'm no longer an EP'r!
    and now! Just trying to heal my blisters!!
    I can't wait for the day that I'll have so much milk, I'll fill our freezer!

Default Re: Medela Bottle label coming off; permanent marker

I used a Sharpie to label the bottle as my son's so I don't know if it's bad or not. Is there a specific reason that you need the exact measurements on the bottle (and you can't eyeball it)
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Default Re: Medela Bottle label coming off; permanent marker

hmmmmmm.. well at first I thought since I pour the pumped milk into a different bottle to feed my baby, I don't really need the measurements from the medela bottle. But then the label on the bottle I'm using to feed my baby (Avent bottle) is also peeling off. Am I just unfortunate???

The cloudy white version of the avent bottle's label is starting to peel off but the honeycomb colored version of Avent seems to be more durable. Has anyone else had problems like this?

I was thinking since it's just about to come off, I'd like to label it already in case in the future I regret not marking it when it was just about to flake off. Won't I be needing the measurements in the future? I don't know if I can just eyeball it.

Right now I want the measurements because I'm watching my BM supply as I am about to go back to work and will be cutting my pumping frequency.
    First time mom to Baby Boy S (May 10, 2010)
    After 1 and half months of purely bottle feeding my breastmilk, I'm no longer an EP'r!
    and now! Just trying to heal my blisters!!
    I can't wait for the day that I'll have so much milk, I'll fill our freezer!