Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Wondering about drug compatibility

Default Wondering about drug compatibility

I just found out that my one of my cardio docs wants to put me on Coumadin (sp?) I did the research and talked to a lactation consult to make sure it is safe while nursing (it is) but now I wonder if I can take Fenugreek with it. Does anyone know?

The reason I wonder, is because I will have to spend the night away from my nursing baby for an upcoming surgery on my heart (I have a pacemaker and a slow atrial flutter that the docs are going to try and correct) and I am trying to build up a freezer stash for that... plus I will return to work after I am recovered and I want to maintain the supply I have. I know from working and pumping before that my supply decreases when I am working and I took fenugreek capsules once before and had great success.

If someone could give me some information or link me to some that would be great... I will also call my lactation consult later this week to find out what I could take while taking the coumadin.

Thanks!
    nikki

Default Re: Wondering about drug compatibility

Nevermind, I just found out that these are not compatible. Bummer

nak

you could eat oatmeal - this helps some women increase their supply. oatmeal for breakfast, cookies later in the day, anything with oats. good luck with your surgery.

ETA- it is so nice to hear/read about people doing what is best for their babies even when it isnt always easy

Mom to - 6 yrs, 4 yrs, and twins 3 years

Check out my Work at Home Job Here

Cumidin is an L3 in Dr. Hales book , which means that it is safe? Best of luck with your surgery.