Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think its time for us...

Default I think its time for us...

I *thought* I'd have mixed feelings about this...but I'm actually okay with it. Joey hasn't asked to nurse in several days. I've offered, but she just smiles and shakes her head "no". Part of me is a little sad...but not necessarily just because she isn't nursing...but because she isn't a baby anymore. I actually cried when I went down the baby aisle in Target the other day. I realized that we don't need the breastpump, lansinoh, pacis, etc and that we are also fast growing out of diapers as well. I think part of me is sad because I really really want another baby...but the timing just isn't right. I have school to finish and it would just be too hard.

BUT...I WILL nurse her one last time on her 2nd birthday...just so I can say I made it to 2yrs I NEVER, in my wildest dream, thought that I'd make it this far. Never. I've been on domperidone for almost 15mos for low supply, and so I'd didn't think that I could nurse her until 2

I really do have all of you LLLadies to thank. Without y'alls love, support, and encouragement...I wouldn't have made our goal. I can say that this has been an easy and very natural progression with us.

And who knows...maybe she'll suprise me this next week and want to nurse again...and that will be ok with me too. But if this is it for her, I will be ok with that too
    All over the world there exists in every society a small group of women who feel themselves strongly attracted to giving care to other women during pregnancy and childbirth. Failure to make use of this group of highly motivated people is regrettable and a sin against the principle of subsidiary. ~ Dr. Kloosterman, Chief of OB/GYN, Univ. of Amsterdam, Holland

**Leslie**

Mama to:
    Shiloh (5/6/06) Nursed for 13 months and Josephine (7/26/08) Nursed for 23.5 mos Currently nursing my new little firecracker, Finley Catherine, born on the 4th of July!!

Default Re: I think its time for us...

Well done mama. Well done.
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

Congrats on making it this far Leslie! I'm glad the weaning is going well for both of you. I'm in the process of weaning DS as well, so I'm experiencing the same emotions as you.
    I'm Anna
    Proud mama to my 2 little high needs "koala bears":

Ethan born 8/23/08
    Bfed for 22 months, weaned with love 7/2010

Lucas, born 1/6/11
    Nursing strong for 19 MONTHS!

Cloth diapering 1 full-time even though I'm constantly ! Currently in potty training mode. We also and

Congrats!!! Can't believe she's almost 2.
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

My two year old weaned one mo. Ago..... great job momma. It is bittersweet. I am also hoping for another baby when the time is right,,, congrats on two years and tx for sharing.

I'm Erica

Mommy to "C" - currently 3 and half years old
    - nursed for one year

and mommy to "M" - currently 2 years old
    - nursed for 23 months

Wife to my handsome DH for 5 and a half years!

Great job Mama!! I know it's so hard watching them grow up. It seems like yesterday you had her.
    Mama to my Rubies
    C '07
    A '09
    And my Christmas Eve baby
    L '12
    I will carry you all my life
    And I will praise the one who's chosen me to carry you
    W Apr '11
    R Nov '11
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart. *Helen Kellar*

Good job, what a wonderful gift you've given her.

Emily, mommy to
    Jeremija Charles - 5/30/07 - nursed 26 mo, and
    Aleksandar Hayes - 12/13/09 - nursing strong!

"Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you are going to do now and do it." - William Durant

If you really want to do something, you'll find a way, if you don't, you'll find an excuse.

Awww, what a great job you did making it this far! Way to go Leslie!
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.

You've done such an incredible thing with and for her, and for you not to have thought you'd be able to makes it even more special. Good job, mama!

Thanks LLLadies. She has actually nursed a few times since I posted this. She still isn't really asking...but I am still offering. I think we will nurse through this month and then maybe I'll give her a gentle nudge. I am actually really excited that my baby girl is growing up. She is such a fun kid, and I LOVE her personality
    All over the world there exists in every society a small group of women who feel themselves strongly attracted to giving care to other women during pregnancy and childbirth. Failure to make use of this group of highly motivated people is regrettable and a sin against the principle of subsidiary. ~ Dr. Kloosterman, Chief of OB/GYN, Univ. of Amsterdam, Holland

**Leslie**

Mama to:
    Shiloh (5/6/06) Nursed for 13 months and Josephine (7/26/08) Nursed for 23.5 mos Currently nursing my new little firecracker, Finley Catherine, born on the 4th of July!!