Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Spit up?

Question Spit up?

So my lo is 13 months old now and in the last week or so has started spitting up again. He out grew the normal infant spitting months ago so this has taken me by surprise. It's only happened maybe 3 or 4 times and its not a lot and doesn't seem to bother him. I guess I'm just wondering if this has happened to anyone else.
    Hi, I'm Faith, a Wife, Mom, Stepmom and SAHM
    I married my best friend Rodney on October 17, 2009
    DS1 Andy Born May 11, 2002
    DS2 Ethan Born May 18, 2009 Nursed 2 years 7 months & 2 days
    DSS1 Benjamin Born September 24, 1989

Default Re: Spit up?

Well, I'm probably not who you want to hear, "yes" from, but yes -- DS stopped spitting up for awhile, then started up again, and then did it intermittently for ages. Now he's purely a silent refluxer.

Teething can really set it off for some -- any chance the first year molars are coming in?
    Mama to Lorenzo, born 4/25/2007. NICU graduate, Gastro-Esohapgeal Reflux, Obstructive Sleep Apnea, Sensory Processing Disorder...alive and thriving thanks to breastfeeding and co-sleeping.

Those who say it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it.
    Chinese Proverb

have you kept track of solids and nursing ? Sometimes that helps so you can see a patten to the spit up

12 month molars are a definite possibly. I haven't been keeping track of what he eats or myself for that matter but I am fairly sure we haven't had anything new. I will pay more attention and see what happens.
    Hi, I'm Faith, a Wife, Mom, Stepmom and SAHM
    I married my best friend Rodney on October 17, 2009
    DS1 Andy Born May 11, 2002
    DS2 Ethan Born May 18, 2009 Nursed 2 years 7 months & 2 days
    DSS1 Benjamin Born September 24, 1989

My ds is younger than yours, 9 months, he stopped spitting up around 6 months but recently started again, and I finally realized it only happens when he eats and then immediately gets down and starts crawling or cruising around. I think the extra activity works up his tummy and gets it out. Just a thought.
    Ds 9/09 nursed for 20 months

Dd 12/11 nursing a toddler again