Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Help!!

Exclamation Help!!

I asked on another forum but thought I would post here too. I need to bring my milk supply back from nothing. My lo is not toilerating formula and has acid reflux which has seem to have gotten worse since we started switching. I have started to put him to breast before I give him the frozen breastmilk I have but I only have enough for about two days. I also work through the week full time. Anyone have suggestions to help me. I am also trying to fit this in around cleaning and such since my lo gets baptised on Sunday and we are having a meal back here afterwards. I really feel though that this is what he needs.

Default Re: Help!!

Hi there,
    Were you able to check the stickies above, and also the ones on the relactation forum below? You will find lots of pertinent information there.

Are you able to contact a local Leader? This would be very helpful. Let me know if you need help finding someone.

How old is ds? How long have you been away from BF?

The type of pump you are using right now is very important. I would suggest a hospital-grade pump.

It is also suggested that you pump 8-10 times a day.

Will ds take the breast?

Let us know how you are doing!

Default Re: Help!!

My ds will be 12 wks on the 10th. I have been using a medla pump in style. We started having issues about 5 wks ago and started giving him more formula about 2 wks ago. I am still producing some but, it is very little. He will still suck but w/ everything that has been going on it is very hard to get him to bf. Even today I wanted to try to fit in more pumping but it was non stop all day trying to get ready for his baptisam tomorrow and when I tried last night he was so upset. Up till this point he has been very succesfull at bf. He has managed to gain 5.6 lbs. I am hoping that after tommorrow everything will settle down more and maybe allow me to try more feedings and pumpings than what I have accomplished so far. It will also be day three tomorrow of his new med which I hope will allow him to be a little less cranky.