Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Went to buy some nursing tanks today...

Default Went to buy some nursing tanks today...

I went to Destination Maternity to get some nursing tanks. DH said don't buy too many as E may not nurse for a long time.

anyway, while there I tried on a nursing bra and te sales lady yells across the store "how's that size E working for you?" then I was asked by another lady "so you just had a baby?" I said "no" and pointed to E. "Oh you are buying this to wear for her??"

Checking out the lady asked for my phone number. I said "no I don't want solicitations." she said "you don't want similac and huggies." I said "I just bought nursing wear, so it's obvious I BF, I cloth diaper, I'm not pregnant, and I'm not interested."

So annoying!

Default Re: Went to buy some nursing tanks today...

I get irritated pretty much everytime I go out in public! I would have been irritated by that for sure. People treat you like you are crazy for breastfeeding even close to age 1 let alone past and the cloth diapers! the reactions I get from that are just ridiculous. yes it saves money but you must be so poor that you live in a tent and wash your clothes in the river if you use cloth diapers. I have been very sarcastic to people lately. My sweetness is wearing thin!

my name is Sarah mother to
    Alana 12/31/98
    Conner 5/30/09

Breastfeeding 3 years and counting!

Potty trained at 2 but kind of miss those cute CD's!

"Of all the rights of women, the greastest is to be a mother." Lin Yutang

DH said don't buy too many as E may not nurse for a long time.
    If he thinks he's about to get your tatas back for his exclusive use, he's got a surprise coming!

anyway, while there I tried on a nursing bra and te sales lady yells across the store "how's that size E working for you?"
    OMG, I think I know that lady! When I was in my early 20s I went in to Victoria's Secret and found a bra. But it had no tag. So the sales lady lifts it up above her head and yells across the store "How much is this? It's a DD!"

Checking out the lady asked for my phone number. I said "no I don't want solicitations." she said "you don't want similac and huggies." I said "I just bought nursing wear, so it's obvious I BF, I cloth diaper, I'm not pregnant, and I'm not interested."
    Snap!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommal View Post
    If he thinks he's about to get your tatas back for his exclusive use, he's got a surprise coming!

OMG, I think I know that lady! When I was in my early 20s I went in to Victoria's Secret and found a bra. But it had no tag. So the sales lady lifts it up above her head and yells across the store "How much is this? It's a DD!"

Snap!

It always irritates me when I go to Target, buy some breastmilk storage bags and coupons for formula automatically print out. ugh.

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

We have been nursing for over 2 years now!

Hey Laura! How are you?

Beth - I've been needing to get some new nursing tanks. Are those ones pretty good? Do they sell them online? It sounds like they come in actual sizes, other than S,M,L?

And way to snap those women into line
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Ugh. That woman should be shot.

I have to admit I hated shopping for BFing clothes so much that the only ones I have were bought online. I'd be in a store, asking for breastfeeding clothes and I'd get taken to maternity. Um, BFing clothes are for AFTER being preggo. Sure, you have the preggo belly for a while - but at 12 months, 14 months.... Yeah, was NOT preggo.

Now that I'm due again in 9 weeks, I've been going online again for a few more tops for BFing.... It kills me how expensive everything is.
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommy2lilah View Post
    Hey Laura! How are you?

Beth - I've been needing to get some new nursing tanks. Are those ones pretty good? Do they sell them online? It sounds like they come in actual sizes, other than S,M,L?

And way to snap those women into line
    The most comfortable nursing tanks for lounging are at Motherhood, IMO. I got a couple over by the pajama section and they have molded cups but soft and long and stretchy and are cheapish like $19. These are not actual sizes. The E cup was when I tried on an actual bra.

I love Bravado nursing tanks too, but they aren't cheap. But they are good. Glamourmom are ok, but not my favorite. That had glamourmom ones at the store. They also had stylish Pea in the Pod nursing PJ sets but $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sixyearplan View Post
    I love Bravado nursing tanks too, but they aren't cheap. But they are good.
    I have one and I really like it. Good quality, and adequate support for the tig ol' bitties.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

It always irritates me when I go to Target, buy some breastmilk storage bags and coupons for formula automatically print out. ugh

my store prints me out a paper that says

HAVE A HAPPY period.. And no coupon...

WAste of paper and I don't want a happy period thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*andrea.wolford View Post
    It always irritates me when I go to Target, buy some breastmilk storage bags and coupons for formula automatically print out. ugh

my store prints me out a paper that says

HAVE A HAPPY period.. And no coupon...

WAste of paper and I don't want a happy period thank you very much.
    A happy period??? WTF???
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby