Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How do you know?

Default How do you know?

This might be a stupid question, but how do you know when your supply is decreasing? How can you tell?
    Does LO show any signs?

I have always had OALD/OS so I know when my supply is definitely up, but how do I know when it's decreased, especially since AF is still MIA? I kinda have a suspicion that it may be returning soon but that's what I've been saying for a while now and nothing.

*I know I can't be pg because we use "protection" and haven't had an "oops" moment, plus the fact that AF is MIA.
    I'm a SAHM to
    #1 Alyssa 5/26/09 BF for exactly 25 1/2mths
    #2 Emily 11/7/11 completely self-weaned as of 7/19/13
    Dealt with recurring clogged ducts, mastitis, OALD/OS, and baby reflux with both girls
    #3 Victoria 12/16/13

New sights, new goals, new directions...

Default Re: How do you know?

Hmmm. Well AF being MIA means nothing to getting pg. You can ovulate before it comes back.

Supply diminished signs. Fussy at the breast, no swallowing, switching back and forth, asking for more milk, less wet diapers.

Default Re: How do you know?

She's fussy at the breast when she's fighting her sleep,
    bfing very little even while co-sleeping so in the AM her diapers aren't soaked, not until she wakes up and is up and about anyway. Sometimes they are full though.
    switching constantly, sometimes, it'll take about 6 hr before my boob starts feeling like it's full, but not engorged
    Asking for milk, I can't tell if it's due to teething also
    Less swallowing, after letdown, it seems like she's just "comfort suckling"
    sound like a decrease?

I know I haven't been drinking much water, but could it be as a result of that, or that my supply is dipping?
    I'm a SAHM to
    #1 Alyssa 5/26/09 BF for exactly 25 1/2mths
    #2 Emily 11/7/11 completely self-weaned as of 7/19/13
    Dealt with recurring clogged ducts, mastitis, OALD/OS, and baby reflux with both girls
    #3 Victoria 12/16/13

New sights, new goals, new directions...