Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We are so far beyond one

Default Re: We are so far beyond one

That's great, Lisa. And I totally agree that it's very special. I just attempted to nurse Norah to bed and after suckling for a few seconds, she popped off and said, "Mom, I said I wanted to go straight to bed." Gosh, Norah...didn't mean to impose.

If only I could have seen these wonderful times when I was a sleep-deprived new Mom lacking confidence in my body's ability to nurse....I have only this community to thank for my long-term success.
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.

I can't believe Norah's gonna be 3... That seems crazy! And you are certainly missed around here. Although I don't post much, I definately miss reading things from your perspective!
    ~Jaden Mae 04-05-06~
    --Self-weaned at 21 months--
    ~Avery Lynne 11-27-08~
    --Self-weaned at 23 months--
    ~Elise June 02-12-11~
    --Nursing like a champ--

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*marcie.lynne View Post
    I can't believe Norah's gonna be 3... That seems crazy! And you are certainly missed around here. Although I don't post much, I definately miss reading things from your perspective!

Thanks.

I think I'm going to hang out here more often. I certainly miss all of you. And your thoughts on STUFF. This is a cool crowd.
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*nolamomma View Post

Thanks.

I think I'm going to hang out here more often. I certainly miss all of you. And your thoughts on STUFF. This is a cool crowd.
    And...where are these diapers you were talking about not needing anymore?

~Jaden Mae 04-05-06~
    --Self-weaned at 21 months--
    ~Avery Lynne 11-27-08~
    --Self-weaned at 23 months--
    ~Elise June 02-12-11~
    --Nursing like a champ--

Hi Mama!

Glad to hear things are going well! Emma is 3 1/2 years old now and still nursing - probably 3-7 times a week, in the morning. She still loves to nurse but it's hard for me to nurse her at this point. But with her personality, I'm trying to be patient and gentle with weaning.

Glad to hear from you, come around here more often!
    Mommy to:

Emmalynn Marie
    Born at 37 weeks on 12/22/06
    5lbs 1oz 19 1/2in

Owen Charles
    Born at 29 wks 6 days on 01/17/09
    2lbs 14oz 15in
    In NICU for 2 months

Always nice to check out these forums! My DD just had birthday number 3, and she's still nursing about six times every 24 hours. Age three was my absolute drop-dead date, but here we are. My DH is fairly supportive about it, and my family--who unfortunately lives across the country--is VERY pro-nursing, so that's good, but even my sisters weaned their girls before 2 and 3, and they've been giving me grief about it because I haven't had a full night's sleep since I was pregnant. (My DD still gets up twice a night like clockwork to nurse.) I'm pretty ready to be done, but nursing is still such an important part of my DD's life, I'm hesitant to stop. Am trying to cut down, however. Luckily, I'm an older mom and could care less about what people think, so nursing in public and whatnot is not an issue for me (my DD is small, too, so I think people think she's much younger than she is--until she stands up and starts talking a mile a minute like a 5 year-old, anyway). But I will admit that as much as I appreciate what nursing does for us, I'm tired too. And I do think it limits somewhat the relationship my DD has with her dad, particularly in terms of basic care-giving activities like going to sleep. I haven't been away from her for more than five hours since she was born, which I worry about (i.e., even though smart and independent, she's very Momma-focused). We'll see how the next few months go. In the meantime, here's to all the women out there who nurse as long as their kids' need to. Even in the slightly crunchy circle of moms I know, no one has breastfed much longer than a year; it's crazy!