Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We are so far beyond one

Default We are so far beyond one

Where's the breastfeeding beyond three forum? DD2 is coming up on her third birthday and nurses 2 to 3 times most days. Occasionally not at all (very rare) and occasionally a little more frequently.

She seems like she's trying to gear herself up to be done with it, but she's just not there yet. I had another Mommy friend over for a playdate and she was talking about nursing and DD2 said "I don't nurse anymore, I'm too big." This was total make-believe and the lady said, "it's okay for big girls to nurse!"

We have fallen into a group with several friends who are all still nursing as they approach their third birthdays. I have to say that I love being surrounded by like-minded Mamas for the first time...ever.

I even have a Mama friend who is crunchier than I am and just as passionate about what her kids eat. It's nice to feel like I'm not always the one at the far end of the spectrum I live on. Makes me feel less crazy.

Anyway, hey friends. I stopped by to give away some dipes and that's done, but just wanna check in...send some love. How are you all?

Smooches,

Chrizzle
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.

Default Re: We are so far beyond one

mama! Congrats on making it almost 3 years! That's awesome!
    I'm Anna
    Proud mama to my 2 little high needs "koala bears":

Ethan born 8/23/08
    Bfed for 22 months, weaned with love 7/2010

Lucas, born 1/6/11
    Nursing strong for 19 MONTHS!

Cloth diapering 1 full-time even though I'm constantly ! Currently in potty training mode. We also and

WOW 3 years...awesome you are an inspiration to all of us! I hope am posting that in a few years!
    Mommy of 4,
    3 who I watch over, 1 who watches over all of us

J- 8/20/05 pumped breastmilk for 11 months due to his cleft lip and palate!

M- 10/17/07 my precious baby lives forever in her mommys heart

M- 3/31/09 my special gift, she helps heal her mommy and daddys heart. Nursed for 4 years and 10 days, self weaned the day her baby brother was born!

E-, new little miracle born 4/11/13, my BIG baby! Born 8.6 at 38 weeks. At 9 weeks nearly 17lbs, at 12 weeks nearly 20lbs, at 6 months nearly 23lbs, at 8 months nearly 25lbs and all from BREASTMILK

Hey Christy...

The forums sure have missed your Southern Sass around here!

Glad to hear that y'all are doing well. Congrats on still nursing that sweet, blue-eyed baby! I'm still nursing my sweet blue-eyed girl at almost 2!

Don't be a stranger, stop in s'more.
    All over the world there exists in every society a small group of women who feel themselves strongly attracted to giving care to other women during pregnancy and childbirth. Failure to make use of this group of highly motivated people is regrettable and a sin against the principle of subsidiary. ~ Dr. Kloosterman, Chief of OB/GYN, Univ. of Amsterdam, Holland

**Leslie**

Mama to:
    Shiloh (5/6/06) Nursed for 13 months and Josephine (7/26/08) Nursed for 23.5 mos Currently nursing my new little firecracker, Finley Catherine, born on the 4th of July!!

yup!
    A group above 3 would be a great idea...

3 years already!?
    Nice to see you, Christy!

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

3 years !!!!
    Allie
    Wife to T
    Mother to 4 crazy ones

miss you mama
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

Miss y'all too. I love being able to come back and having a warm welcome at anytime. It's what drew me here, what kept me here and what will keep me coming back.

Yeah, Norah will be three this coming August. She is so wonderful.

Seriously though, I want to hear more about your LOs...what are they up to these days...who's expecting, what's going on? I guess I'll have to check out F&G to get a good idea of things.

I know there's a meet-up coming up which I will not be able to make. We moved recently and are currently juggling two mortgages so travel is kind of on hold for a while. I can't wait to see the photos though, even though I know how envious I'll be.
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.

We made it 3 years 1 month. Logan just weaned about 2 weeks ago, at least I'm hoping it will stick this time.

I think nursing to and past 3 is something very special.
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09