Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Baby with a stuffy nose when lying down

Default Baby with a stuffy nose when lying down

My DS is 16 months and has had a stuffy nose when he lies down and only when he lies down. We tried saline and suctioning him every night before bed, baby vicks on his chest and feet, humidifier (NY is SUPER humid now it's hot), propping him up while sleeping on a beanbag (he rolls himself off), lil'noses for a few days which helped a tiny bit but cannot be used for more than three days, I can't think of anything else to do. He sleeps terribly and we with him. DH and I are both already sleep deprived due to teething sleep disturbances and this is making it worse. Any helpful ideas? Anyone gone through this?
    Proud Momma to Emmanuel Stephen (2/14/09).

22 months and counting!
    :

Default Re: Baby with a stuffy nose when lying down

I prop my kiddos mattresses up by putting a pillow UNDER the mattress head area. It really helps out. They can't move off of that. In fact, I just did it tonight for DD. Lucky girl caught a cold last week from a kid in her "cooking school" class. Poor thing.
    Hope he feels better soon.
    Our blessings from God!
    Kylee was born September, 2006 - 9 lbs. 12 1/2 oz, 21 inches long.
    Kiefer was born January, 2008 - 6 lbs. 14 oz, 19 1/2 inches long.
    He was diagnosed with a severe peanut allergy at 12 1/2 months old. Others later discovered.
    And I am even more blessed by being married to my best friend and the most honorable man I've ever known.

"The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world." - Abraham Lincoln

Has this been gong on a long time, or is it recent?
    Mama to Lorenzo, born 4/25/2007. NICU graduate, Gastro-Esohapgeal Reflux, Obstructive Sleep Apnea, Sensory Processing Disorder...alive and thriving thanks to breastfeeding and co-sleeping.

Those who say it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it.
    Chinese Proverb

It's been like this for a month. Saw the pediatrician yesterday and she said it's probably adenoids and perscribed nasonex to see if it helps. In addition, his molars are coming in and four of them are swollen together. It's probably aggravating the situation. I tried putting a pillow under his mattress but he gets up and tries to pull it off or rolls down to the bottom of his bed off the high side...

22 months and counting!
    :

Has anyone dealt with adenoids? Other than raising him up, steaming and baby vicks what else can help?

22 months and counting!
    :

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*emmanuel.s.mom View Post
    It's been like this for a month. Saw the pediatrician yesterday and she said it's probably adenoids and perscribed nasonex to see if it helps. In addition, his molars are coming in and four of them are swollen together. It's probably aggravating the situation. I tried putting a pillow under his mattress but he gets up and tries to pull it off or rolls down to the bottom of his bed off the high side...
    Why did the pedi think it's adenoids?
    Mama to Lorenzo, born 4/25/2007. NICU graduate, Gastro-Esohapgeal Reflux, Obstructive Sleep Apnea, Sensory Processing Disorder...alive and thriving thanks to breastfeeding and co-sleeping.

Those who say it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it.
    Chinese Proverb

I explained to her what goes on and how long for. We last saw her when he was like this for a week and she said the back of his throat was a little inflamed and probably has a little cold. However, when I went back last week, she didn't look at him but said it's probably adenoids as this is the age they get them...

22 months and counting!
    :