Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: need to stop nursing b/c of possible osteoporosis? i'm scared!?!?

Default Re: need to stop nursing b/c of possible osteoporosis? i'm scared!?!?

One more thing I forgot to add - We can only absorb about 500 mg of calcium at a time, so look for tablets that are a max of 500 mg, and when you take your calcium supplement, spread it out throughout the day, and try not to take it with calcium-rich foods. This will help you get the most out of each source of calcium in your diet. Also, if you take the carbonate form of calcium, you should take it with a little food to aid absorption.

Default Re: need to stop nursing b/c of possible osteoporosis? i'm scared!?!?

thanks for the tips everyone!

Default Re: need to stop nursing b/c of possible

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sixyearplan View Post
    and a huge number of the population are deficient in vitamin D.

Have you had an actualy bone density scan? That's what I would do first in addition to supplements. There are also excellent sources of calcium that are dairy free.
    yup, you need to get a test first to know if you have low vitamin d. it is important to know it first before you can take a vitamin d supplement. please read and watch this video about vitamin d - http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...-nutrient.aspx