Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: relactaction and low milk supply

Default relactaction and low milk supply

My son is 4mos and has been formula during the day, and breastfeed at night and first feeding in the morning. I want to reestablish breastfeeding only. How do i go about doing this?

Default Re: relactaction and low milk supply

This link covers weaning from formula supplements: http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/decrease-formula.html

You should also do the following:
    1. Remove milk as often as possible- nurse and pump as often as you can.
    2. Fenugreek, Blessed Thistle, and ordinary oatmeal are all good for increasing supply.
    3. If you're not getting where you want to go, seek help from a lactation consultant, preferably an IBCLC.
    4. Drugs: if you are not seeing an increase in milk supply, talk to your doctor or midwife about prescription drugs (Reglan or Domperidone) which can increase milk supply.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

[QUOTE=@llli*mommal;956428]This link covers weaning from formula supplements: http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/decrease-formula.html

You should also do the following:
    1. Remove milk as often as possible- nurse and pump as often as you can.
    2. Fenugreek, Blessed Thistle, and ordinary oatmeal are all good for increasing supply.
    3. If you're not getting where you want to go, seek help from a lactation consultant, preferably an IBCLC.
    4. Drugs: if you are not seeing an increase in milk supply, talk to your doctor or midwife about prescription drugs (Reglan or Domperidone) which can increase milk supply.[/QUO

Ive just started pumping an only get a quarter to a half throughout the day. very upseting.
    I'm a first-time mom to a handsome born 2-15-10, who is the of my life. I and am trying to reestablish .

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*john.smom View Post
    Ive just started pumping an only get a quarter to a half throughout the day. very upseting.
    That must be so frustrating!!! Just don't let yourself get discouraged, and keep up the good work. Every time you remove even one extra drop of milk, that's a step in the right direction.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"