Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Only four more days...

Default Only four more days...

until my last baby is officially a toddler and no longer an infant. I'm so sad about it. I really think I'm going to cry through the whole party!
    Michelle

Wife to Donnie , my best friend
    Mom to Trenton 1/9/97, Dillan 11/22/01, Ashton 6/19/09

All boys, weaned at 15 months, at home with Ashton

Default Re: Only four more days...

I hear ya about the crying, just thinking about my DD getting there makes me tear up.
    Baby Girl "Piper" born Feb 12th, 2010. She is a true blessing!

And a baby who is now an Angel in Heaven Feb 7th, 2008.

Just happened for us a couple weeks ago and I cried. My husband even was a little emotional. I took a picture of DS 5 minutes before he officiallt turned 1 for my album. It goes by so quickly but every day he learns something new and I love every minute.

my name is Sarah mother to
    Alana 12/31/98
    Conner 5/30/09

Breastfeeding 3 years and counting!

Potty trained at 2 but kind of miss those cute CD's!

"Of all the rights of women, the greastest is to be a mother." Lin Yutang

Oh.... thank you for posting this one! I am sitting here.... about to cry thinking about the day she will turn one too. (and she is 10 months). I did not think I would be so emotional about just the thought. I think its because I feel pressure to wean just because she will be one year. Everyone (at work, strangers, etc) thinks that one year = no bfing. I don't understand why. I am fearful that I will be "weird" or something if I continue to bf. By no means do I want to wean.
    Mama to a baby and loving !

i cried too and i still get sad when i think about it. he's now approaching 13 months and growing so fast. he started taking steps a couple weeks before his birthday, but just this weekend he now has mastered it without falling. he's loving it because now he can walking all over the house with any help from mommy and daddy. too many things are happening too fast .

congrats to you to you both!!

just happened 2 days ago for me, and it is bittersweet. I did cry and I wanted to hold him extra long, and watch him nurse off to sleep. He is my last baby, and it's hard to let go. If its any consolation, I still call them a baby until closer to 18 months, then they become a "toddler". 12 months doesn't make them automatic toddlers!

Kathryn,
    Mama to my sweet blueberry eyed boy Joshua
    born on 11/2/2006

and my blueberry eyed baby Jonah Henry...my water birth baby!
    born on 6/15/09

MOBY WRAPS ROCK

haha I still called my 8 year old my baby until his little brother came along. I tell the boys they will always be Mommy's babies no matter what age they are. I'm still super sad that my last little guy will no longer be an "infant" tomorrow at 11:30 am. UGH less than 24 hours! I know...I'm pitiful!
    Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*3boysmomma View Post
    haha I still called my 8 year old my baby until his little brother came along. I tell the boys they will always be Mommy's babies no matter what age they are. I'm still super sad that my last little guy will no longer be an "infant" tomorrow at 11:30 am. UGH less than 24 hours! I know...I'm pitiful!
    My "first" baby is 12 today and there are 10 years between him and my "second" baby who is 2.5. I woke up this morning still thinking that "my baby" is 12! I'll call him my baby forever I guess. The two year old is "the baby".

You're not pitiful!!! You're a normal momma. I've cried so many times through the last 16 years of parenting. When DD turned 1,2 and 3. When she went to Kindergarten I cried driving away even though it was just a half day program! I cried the day she graduated from Kindergarten...the list goes on and on.

You're in good company

Congrats on having a healthy one year old!
    Jen - mom to 3
    DD who I FF
    I survived 10 painful mastitis infections and managed to nurse DS1 till he was 3 years and 7 months
    and now DS2 4 years now working on gentle weaning and

"Pride is one of the seven deadly sins; but it can not be the pride of a mother in her children, for that is a compound of two cardinal virtues - faith and hope." Charles Dickens

Oh yes I cried when my guys went to school and then went to first grade and when my oldest went to junior high...the list goes on and on.
    Michelle

I am crying reading this. Turning 1 is very emotional for me too : )
    Kristin

Momma to Benjamin, we recently made it nursing to age 2!!!!

Benjamin born 9-17-09