Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How much should babies be taking?

Default How much should babies be taking?

I am a new mom to twins...new? I mean new since 12 yrs ago...lol. My twins are 2 months and my other children are 12 and 19. I BF all. However, since it has been so long I forget the simple things. I am just wondering...how much should I be bagging when freezing BM. I have managed to make 6 five ounce bags. I am a SAHM so am just trying to get enough frozen so that we will have bottles to take with us when we go to the mall or out to a restaurant. I am just wondering if I should make the bottles 6 oz. or if 5 is enough. I want enough to satisfy them obviously but don't want to make too much so any will be wasted. Any suggestions or idea? Currently they are nursing about every 2 to 4 hrs during the day and anywhere from 4 to 6 hrs at night. Feeding usually only lasts about 10 -20 minutes. Thanks for any input.

Default Re: How much should babies be taking?

LLL typically suggests storing milk in 2-4 ounce amounts to avoid waste. That way, if baby needs more, you can just give more. Of course, it is hard to know how much they will need when out in public, though!

Here is a link:
    http://www.lalecheleague.org/FAQ/milkstorage.html

Congrats on being a new-ish mom!