Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Curious... nursing and PL'ing....

Default Re: Curious... nursing and PL'ing....

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*djs.mom View Post
    DJ PL at 3.3 and has not stopped nursing. HE is going to sleep for his third night with no noonie. But I am totally having a last time. I am not going to talk about it cuz I don't want to jinx it....but I have a plan.
    I want a last time too.
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

No correlation here. DD1 PLed at 20 months and weaned at 4 years. DD2 is mostly PLed (started at about 21 months) and is bfing at 27 months with no signs of stopping.

(DS was a different story b/c I weaned him at 6 months.)

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

If you are really wanting him to wean then I would let it go. I know you would like a last time to remember but you'd probably give that up if one last time led to starting again. If I were in the same boat I'd not take the chance.

Maybe to take the place of one last time you could begin to write your nursing and weaning story. Maybe getting it down on paper would help you to have closure?

BTW my DS1 is 12 on Friday and I don't really remember his last time. He was 3.7 and I seriously can't remember but I do remember a lot of other really sweet things about it. Not having that last session won't take away from what you did have.
    Jen - mom to 3
    DD who I FF
    I survived 10 painful mastitis infections and managed to nurse DS1 till he was 3 years and 7 months
    and now DS2 4 years now working on gentle weaning and

"Pride is one of the seven deadly sins; but it can not be the pride of a mother in her children, for that is a compound of two cardinal virtues - faith and hope." Charles Dickens

I agree with PP. Also, although I didn't have a sentimental "last time" I do remember her last full nursing session and will write that in her journal and mine. Maybe you could think back to the last time you remember nursing him and that is probably your best last session.

I'm Erica

Mommy to "C" - currently 3 and half years old
    - nursed for one year

and mommy to "M" - currently 2 years old
    - nursed for 23 months

Wife to my handsome DH for 5 and a half years!

An update....

I let it go. I *THINK* he is weaned. Today he asked, but I told him no. We giggled over it and he snuggled my boobies but it was a sort of 1/2 way request anyways.

I am so busy right now to process it... but yeah. Logan at 3 years ... I think we have ended that chapter.

So curious to see what he does when he sees other nurslings next weekend in DC. He might even ask them for a nursie.
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

What a big accomplishment... my DD just weaned a mo. ago at 23 mo. and it is bittersweet.

I'm Erica

- nursed for one year

- nursed for 23 months

Yup he's done. He asks about once a day and I think it's just for fun and he doesn't mean it. It's SO tempting to let him do it though.... but I know that would just get confusing. So we will never have a 'last time'. Although in my mind the memory I have the strongest is the last time I tandemed both of my boys.

Once I get more settled this summer I'm going to make the nursing book for him. I really really really hope that he remembers nursing, and I think having a book to keep forever will help him do that.

Can't believe we made it 3 years and 1 month. You LLLadies have been awesome helping me through it all.

And, no tears! I'm enjoying him so much and we've already filled in all the gaps where nursing used to be our bonding time.

So ... back to the original post I made. It happened simultaneously for us. He weaned and PL'd the same time. It was in his mind about becoming a 'big boy' and it just worked for us.
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

Congratulations on making it that far! What a special memory for you and your son that you made it over 3 years! Great job momma!

I'm Erica

- nursed for one year

- nursed for 23 months

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*green.momma View Post
    Yup he's done. He asks about once a day and I think it's just for fun and he doesn't mean it. It's SO tempting to let him do it though.... but I know that would just get confusing. So we will never have a 'last time'. Although in my mind the memory I have the strongest is the last time I tandemed both of my boys.

Once I get more settled this summer I'm going to make the nursing book for him. I really really really hope that he remembers nursing, and I think having a book to keep forever will help him do that.

Can't believe we made it 3 years and 1 month. You LLLadies have been awesome helping me through it all.

And, no tears! I'm enjoying him so much and we've already filled in all the gaps where nursing used to be our bonding time.

So ... back to the original post I made. It happened simultaneously for us. He weaned and PL'd the same time. It was in his mind about becoming a 'big boy' and it just worked for us.
    the best food blog you aren't reading

i'm beth, mama to:

lila, 11/6/08, nursed until 2yrs 10 mos, weaned during pregnancy

-and-

max, 2/16/12, my huge new little nursling