Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Curious... nursing and PL'ing....

Default Curious... nursing and PL'ing....

I am curious.

is there any correlation with nursing and potty training? Did you find your nursling weaned close to that time?

Logan just PL'd and I was thinking today if I could remember the last time he nursed, and I could not. It has been about 2 weeks.

He is all about being a 'big boy' and he sometimes says that nursing is for babies. Today I asked if he wanted to nurse or if he was all done and he told me that he was all done.

Okay he has said that in the past and it meant nothing, but I wonder if because he did PL he might be done?

Agh! Did he wean and I didn't even freaking notice?????

We are down in Florida on vaca staying with my parents, and he never nurses that much down here. But IDK what if this is IT?!!!!!

Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

Default Re: Curious... nursing and PL'ing....

ds1 quit nursing when I was pg; he was around 20 months. He didn't fully PL until around 3.5 years old.

ds2 weaned and was fully potty trained at the same time (or within a week of each other).

Proud mom of 2 boys, both weaned gradually and with love.

Find a local LLL leader

For each and every one of us, the person from whom we can learn the most is our own baby: listen to him. - Mary White, LLL co-founder

The best-kept secret in child psychology is that children who were never spanked are among the best behaved."
    Murray Straus, Ph.D.

My daughter self-weaned at 6.5 months old and was dry during the day at 26 months, dry at night at 36 months.

My son is still nursing at 29 months , and was day and night dry at 20 months.
    Teal

25 May 96 and 14 January 08 and 27 February 2012

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mom2a View Post
    ds2 weaned and was fully potty trained at the same time (or within a week of each other).

What age was he?
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

ds2 was just under 3 years old, about 34.5 months

The situation is sort of similar to yours in that we were away from home when it all happened.
    Proud mom of 2 boys, both weaned gradually and with love.

Find a local LLL leader

For each and every one of us, the person from whom we can learn the most is our own baby: listen to him. - Mary White, LLL co-founder

The best-kept secret in child psychology is that children who were never spanked are among the best behaved."
    Murray Straus, Ph.D.

Lorenzo has mastered the potty learning, and is really into reminding people that he is not a baby, but there has been no change in his nursing habits
    Mama to Lorenzo, born 4/25/2007. NICU graduate, Gastro-Esohapgeal Reflux, Obstructive Sleep Apnea, Sensory Processing Disorder...alive and thriving thanks to breastfeeding and co-sleeping.

Those who say it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it.
    Chinese Proverb

My DD has weaned (23 mo.) and she is nowhere near being potty trained. We haven't even started...

I'm Erica

Mommy to "C" - currently 3 and half years old
    - nursed for one year

and mommy to "M" - currently 2 years old
    - nursed for 23 months

Wife to my handsome DH for 5 and a half years!

Well tonight I put him to sleep, and I was so curious if he would ask..... and he didn't!!!

I am still going to have a neat weaning party for him when we get home, but the question is do I let him nurse 'one last time' or just let it go. I don't even remember the last time we nursed. Is that bad?

On one hand I want the memory of the 'last time' but then I don't want to get confusing for him.

WWYD?
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

If you feel ok with being done, my personal opinion would be to let it go. I just stopped nursing my 23 mo. old 3 weeks ago. She just stopped asking and I stopped offering. She had been "done" for a while and I am excited to have a break as we'd like more kids. Anyway, I would let it go, but that's just me.

I'm Erica

Mommy to "C" - currently 3 and half years old
    - nursed for one year

and mommy to "M" - currently 2 years old
    - nursed for 23 months

Wife to my handsome DH for 5 and a half years!

DJ PL at 3.3 and has not stopped nursing. HE is going to sleep for his third night with no noonie. But I am totally having a last time. I am not going to talk about it cuz I don't want to jinx it....but I have a plan.

Way too lazy for formula