Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Gerber/Evenflo bottles and PIS

Default Gerber/Evenflo bottles and PIS

Hi Mamas. I am thinking about switching to the Gerber or Evenflo bottles for DS - I exclusively pump and from what I understand either of these bottles will attach directly to my pump (less bottles to wash - YAY!). My question is: does anyone know where I can find lids that will fit these bottles - for storage in the fridge? Will the Medela plastic bottle lids fit these bottles? Thank you!!
    Blessed with DS - born 9/2/09 - nursed/pumped for 12 months
    Blessed with DD - born 3/27/12 my dreamfeeder

903 ounces donated.
    http://www.wakemed.org/landing.cfm?id=135

Default Re: Gerber/Evenflo bottles and PIS

The Medela lids will fit. I bought some of the Gerber bottles and they did screw into the adaptor for the PISA... and I'm pretty sure I put lids on them. I just pumped into bottles while I was at work and then sent them with her to the babysitter's house for the next day. You could even just put the nipple and ring on top that came with the bottle if you were going to use it pretty soon... although then it might not fit so well in the little carrying bag.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

I use the medela lids on my glass evenflo bottles.
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

Evenflo makes breastmilk storage bottles that come with lids. I got mine at K Mart. I use them with my PIS with no problems because the Medela bottles aren't sold around here. Happy !

The yellow medela lids seem to fit but they leak if turned over so beware. Like the PP said, Evenflow makes storage bottles that come with purple two piece lids for use with a nipple or the storage cap. I also use white similac lids that came with a 2 oz bottle storage pack that I got in the hospital.
    Trying to keep up with a busy 3.5 year old Morgan Alexis born 11/5/09 at 6 lbs 5 oz and proud retired 1 year EP'er!

Nursing our new addition Jordan Catherine born 10/21/12 at 7 lbs 14 oz.

Total donated milk so far - 1,368 ounces!

Great advice - thanks Mamas
    Blessed with DS - born 9/2/09 - nursed/pumped for 12 months
    Blessed with DD - born 3/27/12 my dreamfeeder

903 ounces donated.
    http://www.wakemed.org/landing.cfm?id=135