Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: probiotics for infant

Default probiotics for infant

Hi

Has anyone given probiotics for infants 3.5 mth old? If so, can you provide me the name of it and did you discuss this with your doctor first?

Thanks

Default Re: probiotics for infant

I have not actually given them to LO, but was told by a dr. that if I take them and am BFing that is good. I take GI pro (Mannatech products).
    Sorry thats not really an answer to your question.

We are going to start probiotics with our 5 month old. We get ours from Klaire Labs, but you have to have a doctor's office code to use it. You could ask your doctor if they use that company. Otherwise, Kirkman Labs is good. www.kirkmanlabs.com.

kristenco is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

I give my kids probiotics when they need them. Usually one called "ABCDophilus". Babies don't make acidophilis... only bifidus and.... something else? (sorry) I gave my newborn bifidus mixed with breastmilk when I was on antibiotics for mastitis. The doctor gave me the ole, "Well, it certainly won't HURT him, but I can't say that there are any medical documents that say it will HELP him."

Thank you, if the stupid yeast doesn't go with this GV treatment, then i will definitely ask her ped about this as well.