Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: milk blisters

Default milk blisters

I really think that I have milk blisters now..Based on what I read from a previous thread and from kellymom website.. Yesterday I noticed one and then today I am noticed another one..

I called the hosptial and left message for LC but in the meantime what can I do? I don't know if it is from her eating or me pumping (pump a couple times in morning to help build reserve 4 freezer). It is sore but not major enough for me to run to dr yet.. I have noticed what I think might be letdown that is much more noticable than before (i usually don't feel it at all anymore)
    Jenn SAHM and carseat to

DD 5 years old , nursed till just shy of 3 yrs old

Default Re: milk blisters

hi, there..it's been a few days since you posted your thread...hopefully, by now, you've heard back from your LC. was the LC able to confirm that what you have are milk blisters? and if so, what do to about them?

i hope you are feeling better! please provide an update!
    Mommy to...
    Aleina... born on Mother's Day, May 14, 2006...7lbs 4oz, 21.6 inches
    Lauryn Elle...January 26, 2008...7lbs 15oz, 20 inches

Default Re: milk blisters

She got back to me. She suggested that I feed her in another postion (i.e. football hold) to have her on another area of nipple. She didn't actually see me and from what I read it is milk blisters. I started yesterday using the eposm salt/water to help and it does seem to be feeling better with that. I was using the salt/water and it wasn't much help.

Should or can I pump? It is still sore when I tried yesterday. I would like to pump as I need to learn how to really get used to my PIS original so I can get reserve built up.
    Jenn SAHM and carseat to

DD 5 years old , nursed till just shy of 3 yrs old