Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The 3+ Club, whose with me?

Default Re: The 3+ Club, whose with me?

I nursed my oldest daughter till she was 2 1/2 (she just turned 14), my son just weaned on his 5th birthday and I am still nursing my youngest daugher who is 29 months. I have no expectation that she will wean anytime in the near future. Nursing has most definately saved her life. She is 22 months cancer free and counting!!!

Extended nursing has so many benefits for Mother and child. Congreat's to the 3+ club!!! Happy nursing.
    Alene
    LLL Leader

4 and counting....

Way too lazy for formula

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sixyearplan View Post
    One day perhaps. Good job mamas!
    me too

CAYLA
    Mama 2 Allie who Self-weaned @ 2 1/2
    Korben Jon born 07/25/2011*

Emma's still nursing at 3yrs 5mos. Not every day but at least several times a week. She's gone like 2 weeks without nursing though. I limit her for my own sanity, otherwise, I honestly think she'd nurse quite a bit - several times a day probably. Which I just can't do. We'll see how long she goes for.
    Mommy to:

Emmalynn Marie
    Born at 37 weeks on 12/22/06
    5lbs 1oz 19 1/2in

Owen Charles
    Born at 29 wks 6 days on 01/17/09
    2lbs 14oz 15in
    In NICU for 2 months

We are 3 years and 7 months!!! She nurses about 3 - 4 times a week, usually at bedtime. I'm nursing a 6 month old too, and if it weren't for such a difficult pregnancy she would probably still be nursing 4-5 times a day still.
    ~Brandi~

Loving wife to K
    Proud stepmom to B, and proud mom to J and R-A
    and our newest addition C

Happily homeschooling
    Still and and

Ask me about Parkinson's Disease! Visit me at Life With Shaky!

Well DS is 29 mo and we are tandeming with DD (DS only nurses before bed). I thought when I was pregnant and the milk went away that he would wean. Not the case. He's definitely a boob man When I ask him he tells me that he will still nurse when he is 3!

I used to not tell many people that he was nursing before bed b/c I was aware of how 'weird' most people think that is. Now I don't care and I tell people when it comes up. It's my kid, my body, my family, and we will make the choices that are the best for us. I am proud of what we have accomplished, and proud that nursing has obviously been such a great experience for us. I only hope that all my kids will want to nurse so long
    Mommy to DS - 12/29/2007 and DD - 4/11/2010
    We are taking tandem nursing day by day

Great job, Mamas! If Will makes it to three I will have nursed him twice as long as either girl.

Still nursing 3yrs 10 months and no sign of weaning. Morning, bedtime, and during the night (also still co-sleeping)...

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*enzosmom View Post
    Still nursing 3yrs 10 months and no sign of weaning. Morning, bedtime, and during the night (also still co-sleeping)...
    Hey -- do you have a Lorenzo too????!!!
    Mama to Lorenzo, born 4/25/2007. NICU graduate, Gastro-Esohapgeal Reflux, Obstructive Sleep Apnea, Sensory Processing Disorder...alive and thriving thanks to breastfeeding and co-sleeping.

Those who say it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it.
    Chinese Proverb

We're still there, at 3 yrs 5 mths. He's finally slowing down a bit now, but still loads in the morning and a couple of times during the day if we're at home. I'd never have thought I'd nurse for this long! He says he'll stop when he's 4... we'll see!