Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The 3+ Club, whose with me?

Default The 3+ Club, whose with me?

So, we're still nursing.

Who else has made it to 3 and beyond?

Honestly I don't know how long we will continue, but just when I think he is ready to give it up he asks again insistently and I know he needs it.

We don't nurse every day. Nap and/or bedtime if I'm the one putting him down.

And if I happen to be laying on the couch he LOVES to ask me then too. I try and say no, and sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

I know I'm in good company around here nursing to 3 and then some.
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

Default Re: The 3+ Club, whose with me?

sarah weaned shortly after she turned 4...

what kept me going was flu season, that and it still worked to put her to sleep...

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*andrea.wolford View Post

what kept me going was flu season, that and it still worked to put her to sleep...
    Ahhh me too. I totally understand this one, I felt nursing was so important this year with him getting so sick. And I love the way it gets him to sleep fast.
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

We're still going -- Lorenzo's "plan" to stop when he turned three has turned into, "sometime WHILE I'm 3." With all his issues, I cannot even imagine pressing him to stop before he is ready...it has been, and continues to be, literally a life saver...
    Mama to Lorenzo, born 4/25/2007. NICU graduate, Gastro-Esohapgeal Reflux, Obstructive Sleep Apnea, Sensory Processing Disorder...alive and thriving thanks to breastfeeding and co-sleeping.

Those who say it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it.
    Chinese Proverb

It'll be 3 1/2 years this Sunday for us! I have no idea when she'll quit. I've cut her back some, but she still nurses at least a half a dozen times a day. I'm caught between trying to accept that I may have to push her to wean, or wind up nursing a kindergardener! If you'd told me I'd be here when she was born, I'd have told you that you'd gone nuts!

One day perhaps. Good job mamas!

mine turned four in april and stopped bfing in february.....
    i felt the same way about the flu, and have already worried about next year being his first 'unprotected' year!
    irronically, it was ME having the flu (and being newly pregnant) that was the reason for weaning...i had no strength at all and blamed the germs...he was fine with it...for a couple of months he would ask when he was really upset about something....then, i let him try and he forgot how!! it was so wierd!
    congrats to all of you though!!
    ~To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world~

Nursed DS1 till 3.7 years.

I'm sure we'll be keepin' you company again in 6 months when E turns 3.
    Jen - mom to 3
    DD who I FF
    I survived 10 painful mastitis infections and managed to nurse DS1 till he was 3 years and 7 months
    and now DS2 4 years now working on gentle weaning and

"Pride is one of the seven deadly sins; but it can not be the pride of a mother in her children, for that is a compound of two cardinal virtues - faith and hope." Charles Dickens

We made it to three and a little beyond. I really started cutting her back after her birthday as we had talked about it and I thought we'd wean altogether at three. She was sick sometime after her birthday so I'd say we weaned sometime around 3 and a half? maybe?

Proud of you!
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...

DD1 weaned at 4 yrs. and I'm currently nursing DD2 at 2 yrs 2 mos (2-3 times per day usually). I would be shocked if she self-weans before 3, but we'll see.

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on