Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Can't log in? Read this!

Default Can't log in? Read this!

Does this look familiar?

Dear @llli*YourLLLID,

Someone has tried to log into your account on La Leche League Mother-to-Mother Forums with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: XXX.XX.XXX.XXX

All the best,
    La Leche League Mother-to-Mother Forums
    There is a random bug that has been plaguing the Forums for quite some time. Usually what happens is that you enter your LLLID, and instead of taking you to the password page, it tells you you're locked out because you entered the wrong password too many times.

“But I haven't entered my password yet!” you say.

And then you get the above email that tells you someone at that IP address is trying to hack into your account, but, of course, it's your own IP address.

Unfortunately, the bug is so erratic that we haven't been able to reproduce it in order to see exactly what's causing it (in other words, we can't make it happen because there are no consistent circumstances that it happens in). That makes it hard to fix!

The good news is that it usually doesn't happen to the same person more than once or twice.

What you can do:

1. Wait 15 minutes. Or an hour.
    2. Try logging in again.

Most likely, you'll be able to log in without any problem after that. If it still won't let you log in after more than an hour, email me at forumsadmin@llli.org.
    Karen
    Forums Admin

Find an LLL Leader or Meeting | Get one-on-one help from a Leader online | Become a Member of LLLI

Feel like you need professional help? ¿Es usted necesita ayuda profesional? --> Find an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) <--

Default Re: Can't log in? Read this!

i have this happen to me very regularly (once a month maybe? certainly more than once or twice total), i think always on my ipad but i'm not 100% sure about that.
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

Default Re: Can't log in? Read this!

Thanks Karen!