Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: stress and pumping

Default stress and pumping

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with stress affecting their pumping output? Do the numbers rebound after the stress is gone? Or does it permanently lower supply?

We're in the process of buying a house and going through end of school year stuff at work, and I think it's affecting my milk supply. Of course, it could also be due to weaning from domperidone, but I can't be sure.

Thanks!
    Mom to:
    Johann, Born June 21, 2009 8lb, 7oz & 22in nursed until 2 years old
    Lydia, Born March 30, 2013 9lb, 5.6oz & 21.75 inches

Nursed through hypothryroidism, IGT, and a SNS both times around

Default Re: stress and pumping

ABSOLUTELY mama! Stress does lower supply, whether pumping, or feeding at breast. Output goes down as you stress more. My son had colic from 2 weeks old until 3 months. On the days he was screaming for 6-8 hours a day, my output would go down. So we literally spent days together on the couch feeding, because he's be trying to increase my supply, by eating so frequently.

I know it's WAY EASIER said than done, but you gotta relax. s to you for asking questions about it, because I think at one time or another all of us mothers have been through it.

Hang in there, and try to relax as much as possible!
    Married to my superman 4-26-08
    Mommy to Landon 1-29-2010, who nursed for 4 years!
    Mommy to DD Sadie born May 2nd, 2014 and nursing like a champ!

We all love and

I haven't changed the dose for almost 2 weeks, and my weekday pumping hasn't changed much. How long would dom related changes take to kick in?

Coupled with stress, John isn't wanting to nurse as much during the day; he'd rather run around or eat solids. If he sees anyone eating, he starts begging for food, even if he's just eaten. He's like a goldfish.
    Mom to:
    Johann, Born June 21, 2009 8lb, 7oz & 22in nursed until 2 years old
    Lydia, Born March 30, 2013 9lb, 5.6oz & 21.75 inches

Nursed through hypothryroidism, IGT, and a SNS both times around

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sixyearplan View Post
    It could be related to weaning off the Dom. Some mamas have to keep taking it. When supply dips some babies are less interested in nursing. Hard to say. In your situation with history of low supply I'd ask myself what are my goals for nursing and plan accordingly (if supply doesn't bounce back soon).
    If you can identify your goals then you can make a plan that suits them.
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...