Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One breast producing less milk?? Is this possible?

Smile Re: One breast producing less milk?? Is this possible?

thanks that makes sense and your advise helped alot. My son was born just 2 days before yours at 7lbs 10oz.

Default Re: One breast producing less milk?? Is this possible?

Hi Ladies!

I also thought I would just mention that oftentimes caregivers don't know what else to do with a baby to make him happy, other than feeding. It might be helpful if you give your grandmother some other things she can try that make him happy, especially if you think she may be over-feeding him.

Is there anything else he likes when he is a little fussy? Maybe something that dh does for him? A certain hold or carry? A sling or carrier? (anyone can use these-I can testify to that my 11-year-old niece and FIL in his 70's would wear my dd in one from time to time!) Maybe he likes being held while walking around outside? A certain type of music or song?

Again, as the PP said, you are very lucky to have family caring for ds! And of course you don't want to offend your grandmother, but it is ok for you to suggest to her some other things she could try before feedings.

Also, preparing bottles in a little bit smaller amounts may make her less likely to over-fill ds!

HTH!

Your very welcome, glad my limited knowledge came in handy and as Kate pointed out finding something else that makes your little guy happy will help. Sounds like you and I will be going through alot of the same things with our kids being so close in age. Keep up the good work!!

Late to the conversation, but all advice is great since I had the same problem (seems we all do). Good luck to us all. Tomorrow is my first day back at work without her *sigh*.

Also noticed that McKenzie's birthday is the same as my little Kaia. Guess we will all be going through the same milestones at the same time.