Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: too much acid

Default too much acid

I'm frustrated because my DS will be a year old this month and everytime I give him an a food like peaches or pineapple etc. he gets a rash on his face and bottom. I thought he would have been able to handle those fruits by now. I will not be introducing citrus or tomotoes anytime soon. Also, I think melons are pretty acidic. Anyone else have any trouble with this?

my name is Sarah mother to
    Alana 12/31/98
    Conner 5/30/09

Breastfeeding 3 years and counting!

Potty trained at 2 but kind of miss those cute CD's!

"Of all the rights of women, the greastest is to be a mother." Lin Yutang

Default Re: too much acid

This happened with my DS1. He even reacted to pears, of all things. So I just stopped giving him anything remotely acidic for a long time.

Now, he eats all those foods just fine. He's 3 now, but I think he's been eating acidic foods since he was around 2.

Still, you might mention this to your pedi next time you see him/her, to either confirm or rule out the possibility of an allergic reaction.
    ~Sylvia~

Wife to Nick, m. May 2005

Mommy to Gabriel (b. January 2007, 8lbs. 15oz.), nursed 18 months.

Isaac (b. August 2009, 9lbs. 1oz- naturally), nursed 22 months, through PPD/PPA and emergency gallbladder surgery.

and Corban (b. March 2012, 11lbs. 6Oz.- naturally in the water), my NICU baby, still nursing strong at age 2!

Daughter of God

Default Re: too much acid

We do great with pears, bananas, apples, avocado and plums. He also eats peas, squash, yams, carrots and potatoes. That is about the extent of his diet except for grains. He won't eat meat at all. Thank goodness he nurses like crazy. I figure as long as he keeps nursing I don't have to worry about his diet. He is allergic to eggs , dairy, and soy. It is frustrating trying to figure out what to give him to eat. Avoiding those acid foods makes it even harder.

my name is Sarah mother to
    Alana 12/31/98
    Conner 5/30/09

Breastfeeding 3 years and counting!

Potty trained at 2 but kind of miss those cute CD's!

"Of all the rights of women, the greastest is to be a mother." Lin Yutang