Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How often?

Default How often?

T just turned 6 months last thursday. His pedi said to give him food once per day and I was fine doing that until he got very upset that DH was eating and he wasn't. As soon as he had avocado on his tray, he was a happy camper.

Last night he did the same when DH and I sat down for dinner. He was not content in his bouncy seat (where he is whenever DH and I eat).

Is it bad that he is eating 2x a day?
    Darylann

Married to my best friend 7/09
    Mommy to my Water baby T 10/29/09

Loving and Cloth diapering T's

expecting a 8/15/2011

Default Re: How often?

It sounds like you are letting him self feed, and if that is the case I don't personally think there is anything wrong with twice a day. As soon as we started giving our child one meal and she knew what was going on with food, she wouldn't tolerate us eating in front of her. It was easy to do just two meals since she was asleep during our lunch, and she never ate much anyway so it didn't interfere with her nursing at all. Go with your gut, if it seems ok and baby is still nursing adequately, I don't believe you have anything to worry about. As long as you aren't forcing food down his throat, he's not going to overeat. He is probably just excited to discover this new world of flavors!

If you are still concerned, maybe try eating your evening meal with him as his once a day and then eat out of his sight the rest of the time?
    "Old" first time ma (38) to Athena (May 17, 09) Oh my G-d, I'm nursing a toddler!!