Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Help - is it all over for us??

Default Help - is it all over for us??

Hi Ladies
    I'm new to la leche league and to the forum but I really really neeed some help. I have had no problems breastfeeding my 11 month old until about a week and a half ago and now its all gone terriblly wrong and I'm so worried that this could be the end of bfding for us. Oli just hasnt been interested in feeding lately and has been biting me lots and as a result my supply has dropped to nearly zero. I've started to pump again every couple of hours and are using up my frozen breastmilk supply with formula but I'm desperate to get a full supply back.

Alot of my friends have said that Ive done my best (had a tough journery but wont go into it) but I'm sure that if I get a decent amount of milk made again I can tempt him back to breastfeeding - I really was happy to feed him for as long as he wanted.

Soo... the question is what can I do to really kickstart things again

thanks in advance
    Kx

Default Re: Help - is it all over for us??

This link may help: http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/...to-breast.html

Keep it up with the pumping! The best way to keep making milk is to remove as much as you can as often as possible.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"