Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Am I not feeding enough?

Default Am I not feeding enough?

I just started solids with my DD. I always give her the breast first then I offer solids. Well it seems after a few bites she just wants to go back to the breast. Does that mean she is not ready? I am too afraid to try BLS, but it looks so fun! What should I do? Just let her have the breast as much as she would like and just keep trying solids? I am clueless.
    Mommy to Madison born 10/30/09

I love We

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 13...

Default Re: Am I not feeding enough?

I would not worry about it!! I would just let her eat what she will with the solids. They are not required now anyway!! My DD just really picked up on the solid intake about a month ago and boy can she eat now!! Prior to that it was hit or miss depending upon the day. So anyway I say just go with it! She will pick up soon enough!!
    Mommy to two EBF Girls
    Ayna Marie 11-07-96 BF for 14mths
    Paisley Victoria 08-11-09 Still nursing

Cloth diapering for the 2nd time boy it gets easier after 13 years!!!

Default Re: Am I not feeding enough?

Sounds fine to me. Until your baby turns 1, try to think of solids as a fun game. If she eats some- great! If she tastes some and then spits everything out- great! At least she tried it. If she won't open her mouth and prefers to squish the solids around with her hands- great! She got a valuable learning experience.

So just keep her on the breast as much as she wants and continue to offer solids.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"