Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Is it over?

Default Is it over?

I think its over, my son is 8.5 months old and for the last couple weeks he has really been refusing to nurse. He isn't upset about it, just pulls away. I know my milk supply has gone down, but he will turn away after only a minute or so and sometimes its in the middle of a let down. I know he is hungry! I have been giving him a bottle lately after trying to nurse him, and he will take the bottle no problem.
    I'm going to keep trying, but does anyone know of a reason this may be happening? I haven't done anything different as far as soap, detergents, exercising etc.
    I have quit pumping at work though, which is partly why I know my supply is down. I only work 4 days about 5 hrs a day. I was told your body will 'know' when to make milk and I could easily combo feed and nurse while we are together.
    I'm so upset over this, I feel like such a failure....everything was going so well.

Default Re: Is it over?

Here is a link from Kellymom: help my baby won't nurse it should have some good advice. Have you tried nursing him when he is sleepy, just woken up, etc. How is his diaper output? Does he nurse at night at all? Is it possible he's reverse cycling (drinking mainly during the night)?

Jeanne (my middle name IRL)

Mommy to two girls (M & M), born Sept. '07 and Sept. '09

or maybe it's a nursing strike??http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/...to-breast.html

oh opps just realized she put the same thing LOL
    Last edited by @llli*rubestersmommy; April 30th, 2010 at 09:29 PM. Reason: mistake
    Amy~
    first time mommy, 2-15-09 to my lil bambina from then til ?, done with pumping!!

Great minds think alike

Jeanne (my middle name IRL)

Mommy to two girls (M & M), born Sept. '07 and Sept. '09