Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Age for Almond Milk

Default Age for Almond Milk

So We have been giving Noah Almond milk instead of cows milk, and he loves it.. but i was wondering when Olivia could have it? she is almost 9 months.

anyone know of a recommended age for almond milk? not any flavors just regular almond milk.
    Student aspiring to be a Chiropractor and mother to Noah who will be 3 in July and Olivia who will be 2 in Aug.

Default Re: Age for Almond Milk

As long as there are no signs of allergies, she could have it now, you just can't give it to her to supplement a feeding. As in, she could have a little now and again, but I would not rely on it as any form of nutrition.

Same goes for Noah. It does not have enough fat or protein in it. So he could drink it, but just make sure he is getting enough other foods and do not use it as a main source of nutrition.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*shannon75 View Post
    As long as there are no signs of allergies, she could have it now, you just can't give it to her to supplement a feeding. As in, she could have a little now and again, but I would not rely on it as any form of nutrition.

Same goes for Noah. It does not have enough fat or protein in it. So he could drink it, but just make sure he is getting enough other foods and do not use it as a main source of nutrition.
    thanks!
    I was just thinking about letting her have a few sips with her solids, either that or water, definitely dont wanna substitute nursing.
    Student aspiring to be a Chiropractor and mother to Noah who will be 3 in July and Olivia who will be 2 in Aug.

wow never heard of almond milk so I really can not advise on it but I am interested in trying it out with my DD!
    Mommy to two EBF Girls
    Ayna Marie 11-07-96 BF for 14mths
    Paisley Victoria 08-11-09 Still nursing

Cloth diapering for the 2nd time boy it gets easier after 13 years!!!

intersection of Mommy Guilt and True Bliss

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*paisleysmom View Post
    wow never heard of almond milk so I really can not advise on it but I am interested in trying it out with my DD!
    You'd be surprised at all of the different types of milk out there. Rice, almond, soy, coconut, hemp and potato. They all have differnt nutritional values. You just have to make sure to get an Enriched milk (which has similar nutritional value to whole milk) and in most cases, add in some additional fat. It sounds gross, but we add a small amount of flaxseed oil to my daughters milk.

But almond milk is GREAT. Has a similar consistency to regular milk and has a slight almond taste.
    Lori
    Mom to daughter (8/17/07) and mom to fraternal twin sons (1/5/10)

*Mom with chronic health issues, NICU babies, reflux sufferers, multiple food allergies (mom and kids)
    *DD birthweight 5lb, 14oz, now 26lb, 4oz
    *DS1 birthweight 4lb, 6oz, now 19lb
    *DS2 birthweight 4lb, 2oz, now 18lb, 12oz

**An EXCELLENT speller, unless I have either a child on my lap or I'm using my cell phone!**

EP MOM FOR 14.5 MONTHS - NOW USING UP MY FROZEN BM SUPPLY!

It sounds gross, but we add a small amount of flaxseed oil to my daughters milk.

So what kind of milk do you use?? What do you recommend I try?? My DD1 never liked cows milk so an alternative this time around would be awesome!!
    Thanks!
    Mommy to two EBF Girls

intersection of Mommy Guilt and True Bliss

My daughter drinks rice milk. Its ok, just a little watery for me. But I can get it fairly cheap near me. I just add about a quarter tsp of flaxseed oil to each cup. For myself, I use almond milk. It's a bit more like whole milk consistency-wise and works well in my cooking. A bit more expensive so I don't use it for my daughter often or I would go broke. She LOVES milk.
    Lori
    Mom to daughter (8/17/07) and mom to fraternal twin sons (1/5/10)

*Mom with chronic health issues, NICU babies, reflux sufferers, multiple food allergies (mom and kids)
    *DD birthweight 5lb, 14oz, now 26lb, 4oz
    *DS1 birthweight 4lb, 6oz, now 19lb
    *DS2 birthweight 4lb, 2oz, now 18lb, 12oz

**An EXCELLENT speller, unless I have either a child on my lap or I'm using my cell phone!**

EP MOM FOR 14.5 MONTHS - NOW USING UP MY FROZEN BM SUPPLY!

Thanks so much!! I had no idea! I really appreciate all the info!
    Mommy to two EBF Girls