Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I just couldn't do it....

Default Re: I just couldn't do it....

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommy2oliviapaige View Post
    She is still taking formula, but she is starting to take less, so I think my supply is starting to come up some. Her poopy diapers are yellow and seedy, slightly runny now, where as before they were mostly thick and green because she was getting very little breast milk and mostly formula.
    That's a good sign!

I remembered this the other day for you: I think I found that eating banana chips helped my supply. I posted a thread here about it, I will see if I can find it. It might not be a for sure thing, but it might be worth a try.

Hi, I'm Allison

Mama to Henry Carl 12/28/06

7lbs, 15 oz, 20.5 in
    Breastfed for 20 months!

Mama to Ryan Thomas 11/20/08
    8lbs, 7 oz, 21 in
    Breastfed for 30 months!
    Mama to angel 4/03, Mama to angel 12/05

Feb TBTTW 33.1/70

hang in there mama!
    JoEllen married to Jason 10-29-2005.

Mama to Logan 12-26-2007
    Breastfed for 2 years and weaned on his own terms

Our Lincoln 6-11-2011 to 9-12-2011
    my homebirthed-water baby, who was born with a broken heart

And our special blessing, Leonidas 9-5-2012. A toddler who loves his "boops!"

Come visit our blog here!

Just got back from the hospital, my friend had her daughter this morning, and the staff is not helpful with breastfeeding at all. They told her its okay to let the baby sleep without nursing for 5+ hours. They also told her its normal to be in a lot of pain when nursing. I told her that from what I have been told and read it is not normal and could be a latch problem. The thing that puzzles me is she is wearing a nipple sheild and still in a lot of pain so I got her a larger one and a smaller one just incase the other is the wrong size. I shared what knowledge I had and told her to go to Dr. Jack Newman's site and here to get more help. She also has access to me whenever if she needs help, I am no expert, but other than supply issues we've had no problems. I am proud of her though, she is nursing when she can and does not care if anyone is in the room.

I know its OT, but I am so proud of her. She had her baby girl natural dispite people telling her she wouldn't (I swear she did it just to spite them. lol) and has been doing so well with everything. Her daughter was 5 days over due and in this heat it was terrible for her. I will be keeping her daughter at my house when she goes back to work. I hope I won't need to pump as much by then and it will be easier.
    I'm Heather, wife to Ben, mother to our miracle baby Olivia Paige and 7 angel babies.

Olivia Paige- 12-19-09 via emergency c section 9lbs 6oz 21in long.

We made it 7 months with lots of struggles. Wish it was longer, but still proud of myself.

I wearing my baby, cloth diapering and making her baby food.