Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just couldn't do it....

Talking I just couldn't do it....

Quit that is. Liv is actually nursing as I type this. Hubs is ordering some Dom and more milk plus special blend to see if they will help. Sorry if I was snippy before, its just been a very frustrating journey, and I know you were only trying to help. Thanks again to those that have been helping and TIA to those who will in the future.
    I'm Heather, wife to Ben, mother to our miracle baby Olivia Paige and 7 angel babies.

Olivia Paige- 12-19-09 via emergency c section 9lbs 6oz 21in long.

We made it 7 months with lots of struggles. Wish it was longer, but still proud of myself.

I wearing my baby, cloth diapering and making her baby food.

Default Re: I just couldn't do it....

OHHHHHHHH good I wounder about you sometimes
    Amy~
    first time mommy, 2-15-09 to my lil bambina from then til ?, done with pumping!!

Good for you mama. I'm glad your DH is on board with helping you. It's clear that this means a lot to you and it's great that you are seeing it through.

WTG mama
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Yay, I am so happy for you! I have been thinking about you and your LO, but didn't want to pester you! Hope the dom gets to you soon and you have great success!

Hi, I'm Allison

Mama to Henry Carl 12/28/06

7lbs, 15 oz, 20.5 in
    Breastfed for 20 months!

Mama to Ryan Thomas 11/20/08
    8lbs, 7 oz, 21 in
    Breastfed for 30 months!
    Mama to angel 4/03, Mama to angel 12/05

Feb TBTTW 33.1/70

Thanks. Liv kept crying and pulling my shirt down so I caved within an hour. I just couldn't take making her cry. She seems content, but then after 20-30mins of nursing she gets cranky and starts crying. I still can't get her to take the supplement through an SNS, but she will take a bottle from my husband when needed.

I can't co-sleep until I am better from surgery as I am very weak and sleep like the dead, too afraid I will roll over on her, so that's been tough. We think the surgeon bruised or possibly broke one of my ribs as I cannot breathe in deep. This is my 5th abdomen surgery and I never had that issue before. The incisions do not hurt, unless bumped, but that darn rib hurts something awful. I am shocked that I am having a rough time with this one as I normally bounce back very fast.

Hoping the dom and mm+sb works for us. Having half of what she needs would be awesome for us, but I am not getting my hopes up since I don't want to be bummed if there is not much change. I know that sounds bad, but I just don't want to get upset over it anymore, so if I don't expect anything, I won't be as disappointed if there is no change.
    Last edited by @llli*mommy2oliviapaige; April 28th, 2010 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Forgot things and typos. :)
    I'm Heather, wife to Ben, mother to our miracle baby Olivia Paige and 7 angel babies.

We made it 7 months with lots of struggles. Wish it was longer, but still proud of myself.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommy2oliviapaige View Post
    Hoping the dom and mm+sb works for us. Having half of what she needs would be awesome for us, but I am not getting my hopes up since I don't want to be bummed if there is not much change. I know that sounds bad, but I just don't want to get upset over it anymore, so if I don't expect anything, I won't be as dissappointed if there is no change.
    I felt the exact same way. I just KNEW that it wouldn't work - nothing else had, so why would the dom! Hopefully, you will be happily suprised! Goodluck!

Is she still taking the formula? Remember, even bf'ing some is better than bf'ing none!!

Hi, I'm Allison

Mama to Henry Carl 12/28/06

7lbs, 15 oz, 20.5 in
    Breastfed for 20 months!

Mama to Ryan Thomas 11/20/08
    8lbs, 7 oz, 21 in
    Breastfed for 30 months!
    Mama to angel 4/03, Mama to angel 12/05

Feb TBTTW 33.1/70

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*henrys.mama View Post
    Is she still taking the formula? Remember, even bf'ing some is better than bf'ing none!!
    She is still taking formula, but she is starting to take less, so I think my supply is starting to come up some. Her poopy diapers are yellow and seedy, slightly runny now, where as before they were mostly thick and green because she was getting very little breast milk and mostly formula.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommy2oliviapaige View Post
    She is still taking formula, but she is starting to take less, so I think my supply is starting to come up some. Her poopy diapers are yellow and seedy, slightly runny now, where as before they were mostly thick and green because she was getting very little breast milk and mostly formula.
    Go Mama! You are doing great!!!! Glad you chose to keep trying
    Kelly

Mommy to Gabriel born 12/25/06 Breastfed 12/25/06 - 12/09 and possibly here and there still
    Madelyn born 9/24/09 delivered at home and caught by my husband

"To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."