Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Using frozen milk for cereal feedings

Default Using frozen milk for cereal feedings

There are some related questions to mine on this forum, but I'm having a hard time finding an answer to my specific question. I have started feeding my LO oatmeal, and I'm starting to dig in to my frozen stash for the milk to mix it with (don't want it all to go bad!). However, he doesn't eat much yet, so I'm only using about 1-1 1/2 ounces of frozen milk at a time and they're frozen in 3 ounce amounts. So, question of the day.... I only feed him the cereal once a day. Do I have to throw out the remaining thawed milk, or can I use it 24 hours later for the next cereal feeding??? I can't find a straight answer anywhere (not even on kelly's mom). I guess I don't understand why it would be bad after only a day in the fridge. Any advice?
    and working full-time at home

Default Re: Using frozen milk for cereal feedings

It is my understanding that thawed milk is good for 24 hours, but what I did to ensure that no milk was wasted was to instruct my DCP to use a frozen bag for one of LO's bottles and use the fresh milk to mix the cereal. Fresh milk being good for 5-7 days.