Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 51 of 66 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you're nursing a toddler when...

Default Re: You know you're nursing a toddler wh

YKYNAT when he stops nursing to smell your nipple and say "Ahhh" and then continues to nurse.
    I am Lea (middle name)
    Mama to Dominic born on 3/23/09
    Wife to G 4/27/07
    We're blessed to have been for 3 years and counting! Proud to with our squirmy worm

"My home is not a place, it is people."
    -Lois McMaster Bujold

YKYNAT when she says, "Bye, NU!!!!"

Interesting observation - we are moving. So there are boxes everywhere, and the only home she has ever known is turned upside down. She's asking to nurse.all.of.the.time.

Christine
    Baby Girl Born 2/17/10 to her two mommies
    BF from day one. I looked up one day and realized I'm nursing a toddler!

YKYNT when your baby climbs down from the chair all the while nursing/not letting go of the boob, and then tries to go for a walk (ouch)

YKYNT when he uses nursing time to practise yoga - downward dog and triangle pose are particular favorites though he also likes to practise balancing on one leg (To be fair, he did discover the joys of yoga long before he turned one!)

Your 14 month old can look at "Pat the Bunny" while nursing.
    Your baby dances to the bluegrass station's banjo while nursing.
    She thinks it's funny to play peek a boo while nursing.

These are hilarious and oh so sweet. I can't wait for my own funny moments. BUT my almost 4 year old daughter does breastfeed her baby pink bunny she has had since she was 6months old. She says her bunny is hungry...pretends to pull down her shirt strap and then she holds the bunny to her chest. I love it

Married to Josh 05/07/2005
    Grace 12/17/2006 FF
    Emma 01/22/2008 EP
    Frank 06/26/2011 EBF

"While breastfeeding may not seem like the right choice for every parent, it is the best choice for every baby" Amy Spangler

**** 8 beautiful months and going strong ****

she's started politely removing her pacifier and giving it to me before we nurse
    Christine
    Can't believe I've been and a full-time SAHM to Elena (5/2010) for over 2 yrs!
    Mami de mi preciosa Elenita
    http://forums.llli.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32384&dateline=131170  7429 OakRoseCharms Free Shipping for LLLadies just pm me! My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*oakdryad5 View Post
    she's started politely removing her pacifier and giving it to me before we nurse
    When we're in bed together, mine often hurls the binky at my DH before turning over to nurse. Like, take THAT, we don't need YOU!
    Mom to Taiga born 6/2010

Pocket cloth diapers. Baby led solids. Full-time working mom. I my DH, DD, kitty Dr. Benway, and my working border collie Odin!
    BF for 1 year and she and I still love it !!!!

YKYNATW she grabs the front of your shirt, signs "milk" and hollers "DA PUPOOO!". (I was hoping she would say "milky" or something like that, but no: she has decided it is called "da pupoo.")
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommal View Post
    YKYNATW she grabs the front of your shirt, signs "milk" and hollers "DA PUPOOO!". (I was hoping she would say "milky" or something like that, but no: she has decided it is called "da pupoo.")
    i always call it "lechita" but seeing as how thats a mouthful for her, i was hoping she'd go for 'chita or 'lele' but she chose 'teta'. which in spanish is like the equivalent of titty. classy
    Christine
    Can't believe I've been and a full-time SAHM to Elena (5/2010) for over 2 yrs!
    Mami de mi preciosa Elenita
    http://forums.llli.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32384&dateline=131170  7429 OakRoseCharms Free Shipping for LLLadies just pm me! My Blog

Taiga calls it hunny, like pooh bear . I didn't come uP with it but it's pretty nice. But she calls her paci fuc-fuc.
    Last edited by @llli*ooky; October 27th, 2011 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Darn smilies
    Mom to Taiga born 6/2010

Pocket cloth diapers. Baby led solids. Full-time working mom. I my DH, DD, kitty Dr. Benway, and my working border collie Odin!
    BF for 1 year and she and I still love it !!!!