Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 47 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you're nursing a toddler when...

Default Re: You know you're nursing a toddler when...

... when she unlatches to lick your stomach because she knows it makes you laugh.

... when she puts her finger on your areola and says "that's a circle right there!"
    Mom to Jemma 5/20/2009 , my high needs baby

24 months and counting

We love to

and did a lot of

. . . when DS realizes that he has nipples, too. DS was rubbing his tummy and chest after his bath, and in his meanderings found his nipple. Swear to god, he looked at me, looked down at his chest, pinched his nipple, and then leaned down with his mouth wide open like he was trying to latch onto his own nipple
    First-time mom to Little Manatee (1/7/2010)

Nursed for 3 1/2 years!

My little boy is my everything.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mom2jem View Post
    ... when she unlatches to lick your stomach because she knows it makes you laugh.

... when she puts her finger on your areola and says "that's a circle right there!"
    Smarty
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mom2jem View Post

funny - my DD has been trying to lick inside my bellybutton and it drives me nuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*manatee View Post
    . . . when DS realizes that he has nipples, too. DS was rubbing his tummy and chest after his bath, and in his meanderings found his nipple. Swear to god, he looked at me, looked down at his chest, pinched his nipple, and then leaned down with his mouth wide open like he was trying to latch onto his own nipple
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

"When I get big, my nipples will be big too. And then I can nurse Gavin"

- Naomi, 3years old

(I told her she will nurse her own babies but that when she is old enough to have babies Gavin will be too old to nurse... )
    Amanda
    Formerly: baby-blue-eyes

Canadian Mum to Naomi Born 03/17/08 and has a dairy allergy we are hoping she will outgrow. Nursed for 1 year
    And Gavin Born 01/13/10. 22 months, still nursing and already determined to find every possible way of giving me a heart attack with his dare devilishness

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*manatee View Post
    Hilarious!

Oh, my! New here, glad to find this thread! I'll probably read the whole thing over the next few days.

YKYNATW....

...when DD lifts your shirt, nurses for 3 seconds, then kisses the nipple and pats the breast. The repeats with other side. Then tries to repeat with first....!

...when you and DH are each about to fall off your respective sides of the bed because the DD between you has turned completely sideways, doing nursing gymnastics in her sleep!
    Mama Jen

Mom to:
    Happy Toddler, 19 months, still bfeeding
    Late Son, passed at age 8, bfed 5 months
    Daughter the Elder, age 19 yrs, bfed for 22 months

You know you're HAPPY to be nursing a toddler when your toddler has a fever for two days and she refuses to eat or drink much of anything besides her "NuNus." Thank heavens for them!

Christine
    Baby Girl Born 2/17/10 to her two mommies
    BF from day one. I looked up one day and realized I'm nursing a toddler!

YKYNATW...

... you try to get her inside by bribing her with cookies, chocolate, strawberries, and daddy with a reply of "nooooo" until you say "would you like a booba" and she says "yeah! Booba!!"

... the first words out of her mouth when you pick her up from daycare are "booba"

... she throws a fit when she sees you taking a shower.. *sigh*

... she will not nurse until they are both out so she can conveniently switch every three seconds

...she tries to fill up a baby bottle from her breasts
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby