Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 50 of 66 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you're nursing a toddler when...

Default Re: You know you're nursing a toddler wh

you think it is perfectly acceptable for someone to do this with your breasts because it is just too sweet to stop! 'One of the many joys of Nursing a toddler' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ-h7wBNOKI

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*momfor3 View Post
    I was getting concerned that my little guy should start being weaned and he is showing no interest in that happening! He was 2 months early with major medical problems and extreme reflux and doesn't care for cows milk at all. He is almost 18 months old. I was concerned because he wants to nurse but at the same time wants to play and do other things! Any comments or suggestions?
    Hi! You should post your own thread! I would just say, at this age, interest in the breast will ebb and flow. It's easier to set limits on nursing during an independent phase. The behavior you're describing is really normal for this age. At 18 months, Joe nursed all the time, but now he's weaning, all on his own. He has gone through needy phases where he nurses frequently, and very independent phases. If I was planning to wean him rather than let him self-wean, I would at least wait for a less demanding phase.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

ykynatw...suckle, suckle, blow raspberry on nipple, suckle, suckle...
    -Hannah

SAHM-WAHM to lovely Lizzie, born at home 9/14/2010

ha i just remembered about the raspberries too, now I get a raspberry if I don't present the boob at the correct perfect angle for her to latch the best way, or if she considers her initial latch was not good enough. She'll try to latch, that wasn't right! raspberry! hilarious, except at night when I really can't see where her mouth is. mom don't poke my eye out, rasbperry!
    Christine
    Can't believe I've been and a full-time SAHM to Elena (5/2010) for over 2 yrs!
    Mami de mi preciosa Elenita
    http://forums.llli.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32384&dateline=131170  7429 OakRoseCharms Free Shipping for LLLadies just pm me! My Blog

im glad someone else nipples are as pliable!!
    Ashley
    SAHM to Julian 8-5-10 8lbs 11oz and Evan Alexander due 3-24-13
    Wife to Ian 11-13-10

love these stories. so funny lol!!

Miranda likes to switch sides a lot, casue she will nurse for a while, then pop off and say, "this one wet, other one dry" and go to the other side! She will do this back and forth...cracks me up every time!
    Mommy of 4,
    3 who I watch over, 1 who watches over all of us

J- 8/20/05 pumped breastmilk for 11 months due to his cleft lip and palate!

M- 10/17/07 my precious baby lives forever in her mommys heart

M- 3/31/09 my special gift, she helps heal her mommy and daddys heart. Nursed for 4 years and 10 days, self weaned the day her baby brother was born!

E-, new little miracle born 4/11/13, my BIG baby! Born 8.6 at 38 weeks. At 9 weeks nearly 17lbs, at 12 weeks nearly 20lbs, at 6 months nearly 23lbs, at 8 months nearly 25lbs and all from BREASTMILK

She starts crying while nursing and when asked what's wrong she says "I never want to grow up and be too big for milkies.".
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

She stops nursing and says thank you and you're welcome.

Your baby laughs excitedly seeing your boob and says "nuh-nuh!!" and does the baby sign for LOVE <3
    JEN
    Happy Wife of 20 years to J~
    Mommy to DD E~ 9/22/04 BF 21 months
    Mommy to DD H~ 7/2/07 BF 27 months CD'd from 10 mos on!
    Mommy to DD A~ 7-14-10 All cloth, and Potty Trained at 2 1/2. Still Nursing!
    I grow an organic garden, homeschool, and really feel blessed to be a SAHM!