Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 44 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you're nursing a toddler when...

Default Re: You know you're nursing a toddler when...

Absolutely hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sixyearplan View Post
    DD tries to twiddle, but usually will settle for gently rubbing my belly button, which I think is so sweet. However, very often she tells me to open my shirt so her toys can tandem nurse.
    mine is selfish. She rarely nurses toys. Today at lunch she told me that she wants the baby to stay inside me because she's not sharing her milk with him!
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

DD was nursing last night while I was lying down, she was laying over me. She popped off casue she heard a noise and milk came out of her mouth onto my nipple. She looked and said, "uh, a mess...clean it up mom!"
    Mommy of 4,
    3 who I watch over, 1 who watches over all of us

J- 8/20/05 pumped breastmilk for 11 months due to his cleft lip and palate!

M- 10/17/07 my precious baby lives forever in her mommys heart

M- 3/31/09 my special gift, she helps heal her mommy and daddys heart. Nursed for 4 years and 10 days, self weaned the day her baby brother was born!

E-, new little miracle born 4/11/13, my BIG baby! Born 8.6 at 38 weeks. At 9 weeks nearly 17lbs, at 12 weeks nearly 20lbs, at 6 months nearly 23lbs, at 8 months nearly 25lbs and all from BREASTMILK

dd said 'nummies are happy' [make her happy]
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*babygirl05 View Post
    mine is selfish. She rarely nurses toys. Today at lunch she told me that she wants the baby to stay inside me because she's not sharing her milk with him!

Talking Re: You know you're nursing a toddler when...

OMG these made me smile i cant wait till my little man does something like this .. thanks for the laugh

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*babygirl05 View Post
    Mine is selfish too. DH asked him if his Elmo could ni-ni too and he popped off, looked at DH and says, "mo mo no ni-ni...mine"
    Michelle

Wife to Donnie , my best friend
    Mom to Trenton 1/9/97, Dillan 11/22/01, Ashton 6/19/09

All boys, weaned at 15 months, at home with Ashton

mine shares with everyone and everything...Mommy, Daddy, Brother, his feet, his teddy, firetrucks...you name it. He is pretty agressive about sharing too. Doesn't understand that mommy can't reach her own boobs.
    Mommy to 2 little boys!
    DS1 11/1/07 BFed 7 months
    DS2 11/6/09 BF 2 YEARS! and counting!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lsksam View Post
    FWIW - it really IS okay to set some nursing manners with an older nursling.

You can limit access to belly button by wearing a camisole or tanktop. You can gently remove the hand, move it somewhere else, and say "no thank you - that hurts mommy". LO like to "fiddle" - try a small toy or nursing necklace to play with.

I do NOT put up with behaviors from my toddler that hurt me. I redirect & ask gently several times to please stop. If toddler still isn't listening I'll say that if he keeps doing ____ I'm going to put mommy milk away. If he still doesn't listen then I will gently put him down and close up shop. Toddler cries. We try again.

Yes, I've started. This is a new thing for her - along with wildly kicking her legs. She's also trying to unlatch and twiddle from underneath. I guess she thinks I can't see it and will think she's nursing? Drives me crazy. We are working on the manners, especially because I'm home full time now.

YKYNATW...she signing "more" saying "nunununu." (that's our word for nursing)

And you know you no longer have to convince your DP it's ok to nurse a toddler when she hands you the child and says: nunu time! (dp was chasing DD all over and wanted a break, I think. )

Christine
    Baby Girl Born 2/17/10 to her two mommies
    BF from day one. I looked up one day and realized I'm nursing a toddler!

When she is watching The Game Plan and she says "she cries for her mommy. I cry for mommy's T"