Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 54 of 65 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you're nursing a toddler when...

Default Re: You know you're nursing a toddler when...

Good choice. At least you didn't get stuck with "eat" as a name for nursing. I love the way they talk at this age. They combine words in the cutest way.

mommal that story has me . nipple!! Somewhere along the line Elena changed lechita to ita to teta. so now its like she's saying 'titty' in spanish and she has screamed it in stores
    Christine
    Can't believe I've been and a full-time SAHM to Elena (5/2010) for over 2 yrs!
    Mami de mi preciosa Elenita
    http://forums.llli.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32384&dateline=131170  7429 OakRoseCharms Free Shipping for LLLadies just pm me! My Blog

When he tries to pick your nose while nursing. Then once you stop him, he starts digging around in his own nose while still nursing.
    K. Sophia - Mama to my little lactivore, the amazing Mr. X (11/10).

He asks to switch sides! I couldn't believe it when he looked up from the left breast, said "sides," and kept popping off until I switched to the right. Now he's heard me tell the story so many times he thinks it's hilarious & always says "sides" so we switch back & forth alot.

One time he latched on too hard and I said "ay ay ay." He thought that was pretty funny too & occasionally still says "ay ay ay" and laughs when he latches on. Oh, that sneaky sense of humor.

Cute!

Ilove toddler nursing!
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

He takes a break so his foot can 'nurse' (with sound effects).

He says 'Mama, brrrnnn, brrrnnn (balloon)', then tilts your nipple upward so you can blow it up. When you say 'It's not a balloon, silly', giggles and pretends to blow it up himself.

Stops nursing to say 'Bite. No. No.' (shaking his head), when he is teething and probably really wants to!

My very comical 17 month old.... sigh!

lol that's hilarious!

lately we've been getting a lot of trying to sing songs while nursing or popping off and bursting into song.
    Christine
    Can't believe I've been and a full-time SAHM to Elena (5/2010) for over 2 yrs!
    Mami de mi preciosa Elenita
    http://forums.llli.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32384&dateline=131170  7429 OakRoseCharms Free Shipping for LLLadies just pm me! My Blog

You know how some people will say that your baby is a toddler once they walk? Well, I feel like my little 11 month old nursling (who isn't walking, so no 'toddler' here) has turned into a nursing toddler with her nursing antics today. She has discovered that she can nurse while bending over and standing on my lap, while shaking her little baby booty. She even tried to get a little two-step dance action going some of the time today. Oh! And maybe this behavior came a little sooner for their LO's but also just today, my DD took a couple spills that provoked quite a few tears. I honestly don't think I've thought to offer to nurse when that happens, but I did, and she instantly calmed down when she saw the boob, and latched right away--she was a brand new baby! Really looking forward to nursing through those boo-boos!
    First time mommy to Anika Jo, born 6/27/11 at home
    Love to , and . Cloth diapering full time, and part-time ECing-- my baby pees and poos in her little pink potty!
    I blog: www.the-whole-life.blogspot.com

While breastfeeding your toddler, you sneeze and she promptly unlatches, says "bless you", and then relatches and goes about her business.
    TW
    <Abigail 9/6/10>

Aw - so sweet. Mine just giggles at me with the nipple in his mouth when I sneeze or cough. Manners are still a work in progress over here.

Mine has started pushing a truck across my chest and saying "vroooooooom" with the nipple in his mouth.
    K. Sophia - Mama to my little lactivore, the amazing Mr. X (11/10).