Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: pumping at work

Default pumping at work

Hello Everyone,
    My daughter turned 1 in Dec. I EBF until age 1 and introduce soy milk. I still strictly bf when we are together, but while at daycare I send breast milk and soy milk. Since turning 1 I am not pumping as much or faithfully as I did before. My question is: will milk stop producing if I stop pumping at work? I only pump on my lunch break and only get maybe 2 oz. I really dislike pumping and since she is taking more foods I want to stop pumping. I still enjoy nursing when we are together but I'm scared if I stop pumping my milk will dry up. What do you all think? HELP!!

Default Re: pumping at work

I found this helpful, I hope you will too! http://www.lalecheleague.org/nb/nbsepoct03p183.html

My baby is turning 1 on Wednesday, and I've done a ton of research on the topic because like you I don't want to pump anymore. It sounds like you and I have similar issues with pumping. Anyway, from my understanding, no, your milk will not dry up, although obviously your production will go down if you aren't pumping. Basically, you can start dropping pumps (which it sounds like you've been doing) until you are no longer pumping during the workday but you can still nurse on weekends and evenings until baby weans. You've basically weaned yourself from the pump but not from nursing.
    & working mom of one sweet baby girl

Thanks ladies. Lord knows I love nursing my rugrat but pumping is evil lol

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*saismom View Post
    pumping is evil
    I'm totally right there with you. And if one more person says "that's all you get?" when they see what I've pumped, I may not be responsible for my actions.
    & working mom of one sweet baby girl