Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you're nursing a toddler when...

Default Re: You know you're nursing a toddler when...

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*apmamatoap View Post
    ....one of his first words is "bra." My little guy loves to proudly point my bras out when he sees them lying around.
    mine points tot hem and says "MA-MILK"

I don't know why...but my dd wants me to put an angry smilie on this so there
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

Well Nora's not nursing and hasn't in over a year, but last night she told me her baby doll was hungry and she pulled at my shirt and said, "feed her with your mama boobies." I was sort of afraid that she'd loose that idea that babies are fed with boobies since she only sees me feed D bottles.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Em woke up last nihgt, her ear hurting and cranky. She turned to face me and nuzzled up against me. We struggled for a long time to wean, a struggle for both of us, and she looked up at me last night and said "mom, since I am not feeling good can I just hold your boobs?" I said "Of course, does it make you feel better." "Yeah... like when I was a baby. Like when I was three."
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...

so sweet. Nora still likes to pretend to nurse. She'll snuggle up against my boob and pat my chest like she did when she was tiny.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*kellyann View Post
    Em woke up last nihgt, her ear hurting and cranky. She turned to face me and nuzzled up against me. We struggled for a long time to wean, a struggle for both of us, and she looked up at me last night and said "mom, since I am not feeling good can I just hold your boobs?" I said "Of course, does it make you feel better." "Yeah... like when I was a baby. Like when I was three."
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*kellyann View Post
    the best food blog you aren't reading

i'm beth, mama to:

lila, 11/6/08, nursed until 2yrs 10 mos, weaned during pregnancy

-and-

max, 2/16/12, my huge new little nursling

YKYNAT when you like this funny story. DD insisted on latching on while I was standing up bending over. I said "what are you a baby cow?" A few minutes later she starts going "Moooooooo Moooooooo!" Too cute!
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

She's not a full blown toddler yet, but DD learned to clap. And mamma's milk was sooo good, it got applause.

when nursing is on your toddler's to-do list:

as in, Max we have to get dressed to go now...Max looks up and me and says from the side of his mouth while nursing "not now I'm still nursing" and resumes task at hand
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

I love this thread...

DH was not feeling well and was resting and I explained to Addy (19mos) that he was sick. "Nummies" was her response, and I'm pretty sure she was suggesting that would help him feel better. Oh, and she also said "doctor, ear", because the doctor looks at her ear when she's sick.