Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 4 of 66 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you're nursing a toddler when...

Default Re: You know you're nursing a toddler when...

DD is 13 months, and whenever I want to take something from her I say, "Thank you!" and she hands whatever to me. So she has also learned that when she says "thank you" I give her what she wants, and I know that means she wants something...

Yestrerday she was playing around on the floor...it was late and I wanted to nurse her to relax her and get her ready for bed. So I hold her and lift my shirt, and she looks at my boob and says, "Thank you" well it sounds more like "dah too" (thats how she says thank you) and leans right in and latches on with a smile!

SOOOO CUTE! I loved it

OMG how could I leave this out:
    yesterday I was nursing DD at my cousins house and all you heard every few seconds was DD going "mmmmMMMMMmmmm" it was sooo funny, everyone was laughing! When she eats or wants food or is enjoying food she says "mmmmMMMMMmmmmm" with inflection. Lately she has been doing that when she nurses, it is hysterrical! I guess I know my milk must taste yummy!
    Last edited by @llli*dara; May 13th, 2010 at 04:39 AM.
    Mommy of 4,
    3 who I watch over, 1 who watches over all of us

J- 8/20/05 pumped breastmilk for 11 months due to his cleft lip and palate!

M- 10/17/07 my precious baby lives forever in her mommys heart

M- 3/31/09 my special gift, she helps heal her mommy and daddys heart. Nursed for 4 years and 10 days, self weaned the day her baby brother was born!

E-, new little miracle born 4/11/13, my BIG baby! Born 8.6 at 38 weeks. At 9 weeks nearly 17lbs, at 12 weeks nearly 20lbs, at 6 months nearly 23lbs, at 8 months nearly 25lbs and all from BREASTMILK

YKYNATW .... he catches a glimpse of both breasts at once and says "Oh WOW!" while clapping his hands and grinning
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

...they try to stuff a bite of bagel in their mouth without unlatching.

Mama to my little Diva: Miss K (7/15/06)
    And her little sister: Lulu Pie (3/21/09)

"Don't toush da mango"
    One-handed typer Extraordinaire!
    My body creates, houses, nurtures and nourishes life. That is awesome.
    Kegel Kop says: TIGHTEN UP!

lets try and squirt mommy's milk into my mouth becomes you LO's new favorite game.
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*babygirl05 View Post
    lets try and squirt mommy's milk into my mouth becomes you LO's new favorite game.
    All my kids have done this. My 11 month old hasn't quite got the hang of it yet but he sure tries. When he actually gets it to squirt he laughs hysterically.
    Michelle

Wife to Donnie , my best friend
    Mom to Trenton 1/9/97, Dillan 11/22/01, Ashton 6/19/09

All boys, weaned at 15 months, at home with Ashton

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*3boysmomma View Post
    All my kids have done this. My 11 month old hasn't quite got the hang of it yet but he sure tries. When he actually gets it to squirt he laughs hysterically.
    she gets mad when it won't squirt anymore and then wants me to do it
    Proud mom of 2:

...You have Hello Kitty Stickers all over your boobies!
    Proud mom of 2:

I love reading these threads. My LO is only 3 months old. I came here when she was about a month old and read the thread about things your toddler says about/during nursing. It was one of the three reasons I decided to nurse past a year.
    Baby Girl "Piper" born Feb 12th, 2010. She is a true blessing!

And a baby who is now an Angel in Heaven Feb 7th, 2008.

...they have their priorities straight!

This morning I was trying to get Evan to unlatch and get up out of bed by telling him all the fun things we had planned today. He unlatches, holds up his finger and says, "But first I have to nur-nur!"
    Jen - mom to 3
    DD who I FF
    I survived 10 painful mastitis infections and managed to nurse DS1 till he was 3 years and 7 months
    and now DS2 4 years now working on gentle weaning and

"Pride is one of the seven deadly sins; but it can not be the pride of a mother in her children, for that is a compound of two cardinal virtues - faith and hope." Charles Dickens

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*proudmamaof3 View Post
    ...they have their priorities straight!

This morning I was trying to get Evan to unlatch and get up out of bed by telling him all the fun things we had planned today. He unlatches, holds up his finger and says, "But first I have to nur-nur!"
    We go through this too, but DD just looks up at me and either says "uhnuh" or shakes her head and gives me the sign for milk
    Proud mom of 2: