Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465 LastLast

Thread: You know you're nursing a toddler when...

Default Re: You know you're nursing a toddler when...

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jamtes View Post
    I love nursing, but support from other moms is helpful especially when so many people tell me she is too old to be nursing.
    You're in the right place for support - many of us are actively nursing toddlers! For anyone that tells you she's too old, you can always let them know that you're backed up by several well-respected organizations - Health Canada and The World Health Organization recommend at least a year, and up to two years and beyond as mutually desired, and the American Academy of Pediatrics says at least a year and then as long as mutually desired. This article by Dr. Newman about breastfeeding toddlers is a great read too
    http://www.breastfeedinginc.ca/conte...agename=doc-BT

My 23-month-old has become so opinionated lately about which side he nurses on! If I try to latch him on the left side first, he gets mad at me and tells me, "No! That one! Other one! Different side!" What makes it even funnier is that the left side was his favorite until the last couple of weeks. After 23 months, suddenly the right side tastes better. :P

...your 20 month old DS tries to figure out if he can nurse your very soft and squishy belly with all its lovely stretch marks and dimples! It's so funny that he has started to be really focused on what my belly is all about after he is done with his milk. And since I want to raise him to love all bodies and shapes, I go out of my way to talk about mama's belly in a positive way when he's interested so that I don't inadvertently talk about how I'm feeling fat or want to hide it or whatever (not that you'll see me wearing anything but a one piece swimsuit anytime soon though!)
    We and with our little monkey, born 9/30/2012.

So cute! My LO is intensely curious about the freckles, moles etc. on my chest.

My 2.5 yo, finished nursing, sat up, licked her lips and said " What good breast milk!" Closed up my shirt and walked off to play. <3

I love that m11612!

Today DS2.5 learned that not all mothers nurse their children or cosleep. He had a horrified expression when he discovered that fact, ran over to nurse, and then said, "I have a very very good Mama!" I told him that I'd nurse him and cosleep as long as he wants and he said, "I know that Mama. I love you."

*Heart melts*

He came out with this line this morning: "I love nursing. It's so gentle. It makes me happy...and liquidy!"
    Last edited by @llli*alphawoman; June 9th, 2014 at 07:27 AM.

My daughter is now really very interested in family relationships. So when she sees someone outside walking a dog, the first thing she asks me is if the person with the dog is a "mama" or a "daddy." The second thing she asks me is if the dog nurses on whoever is walking it.
    Apologies for the short responses! I'm usually responding one-handed on my smartphone!

...your toddler bursts into song about "boobies" and "babies" (her word for nursing most of the time).

"Baby all done, booby all donnnne, Babies outside, boobies outsiiiiide..." Repeat for about 3 minutes.

I told her babies were all done because we had just nursed and I had to start dinner, and instead of being mad she put her feelings into a song! LOL She sang it at dinner and my husband loved it.
    and Mama to two little girls

My soon to be 16 month old DD has started asking for a "Nak" snack usually cereal in the evening after supper. Then she wants "mo mo" milk. But instead of finishing her cereal then nursing she is insisting on putting a piece of cereal in her mouth and latching on to nurse. I guess she likes milk on her cereal. Lol Its so cute!
    First time momma to one amazing baby girl 2/28/2013
    Natural non medicated hospital birth

We also practice EC

... your three year old falls off the kitchen chair and bites nearly all the way through his bottom lip but boobies are the only required first aid