Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 60 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you're nursing a toddler when...

Default Re: You know you're nursing a toddler when...

i really love these. thought of you ladies today when i made a deal with my little guys to nurse if he would put his bulldozer away he ran and put it with the other trucks and came running back to nurse. he also now says where he wants to nurse. like today he asked to nurse on the couch

When you watch a little bit of the Oscars with your almost two-year-old and he points at the screen and says with giggling delight, "Nyuks!" (milks). I realized that he was commenting on some of the lower-cut gowns that the women were wearing. :P

DS got a couple new dolls and stuffed animals for his birthday. The first thing he did after opening them was to bring them to me so they could nurse.
    Mom to a spirited DS1, born 2/21/2011, and DS2, born 7/3/2014.

How cute wigglebug!

My little guy now enjoys playing peekaboo while nursing. He'll cover his eyes while I ask 'where's Josh? Where did he go? He was right here a minute ago.' Then he 'reappears' and I say 'peekaboo!' and he laughs. He is also learning body parts and likes to point to various parts while he nurses and have me name them. Example, he points to his nose. "That's Josh's nose!" Then my nose. "Mommy's nose". Then my head "Mommy's head". Then his ear "Josh's ear". And so on and so forth. It's pretty cute He's learned to recognize an awful lot of body parts this way and knows nose, head, eyes, ears, tummy, foot, toes, and hands now.
    First-time mama to Joshua, 10/29/11. 29 months and going strong! for 14 months; now finished with pump weaning!

(After seeing what happened at the rest of the Oscars (especially the boobs number), I feel like I should elaborate on my DS's Oscar commentary! His exclamation was purely gleeful, as if he was seeing someone he recognized on TV. I know I don't have to explain to you LLLI ladies, but rereading my comment after the fact made me think I'd described a little pervy toddler.)

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*babygirl05 View Post
    I don't know if a thread like this already exists, but here you go...

You've tandem nursed your toddler and a babydoll, stuffed animal, action figure, etc.
    Last night my LO was very, very excited to nurse. He suddenly stopped, insisted that I uncover both breasts (would not resume until I did) and then proceeded to "tandem nurse" quite happily with his little stuffed lamb. He often takes turns nursing with the lamb, but the tandem nursing was a first. Today, I nursed a sock (a clean one, I think!) and a play baby bottle.

When she tries a couple different mega blocks to see which one might fit best on your nipple!
    Lisa

Mom to Aimee, born 8/22/11
    for 20 months!

You're reading a book about anatomy together that features a picture of a nursing mother and baby, and your LO gleefully shouts out, amid giggles, "Nurse! Boob out!"

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*alphawoman View Post
    You're reading a book about anatomy together that features a picture of a nursing mother and baby, and your LO gleefully shouts out, amid giggles, "Nurse! Boob out!"
    I read a story that mentioned a milk man. Just the mention of milk made ds spastic to nurse!

Another nursing compliment: DS now refers to my breasts as "yummy boobs". This line is usually delivered amid big gulps with a toothy, giggly grin.

*Happy sigh*

I loooove toddler nursing.