Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 62 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263646566 LastLast

Thread: You know you're nursing a toddler when...

Default Re: You know you're nursing a toddler when...

signing milk in his sleep.
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

love that!

signing milk luv, luv signs! on the matter of signing: dd brought me a dipe the other day and signed poop! okay katie just suckled then clapped YKYNAT!
    Taylor Don 10/24/98-11/22/98
    Katie Elena 8/24/11

a few times now my 4 year old asked me why can't your boobies be as long as an elephant trunk? when I aksed him why he explained that he could then nurse better from the far end of the bed (we cosleep but he ususally prefers to roll away just before going to sleep).

DS's favorite song right now is "Jingle Bells." He loves "Jingle Bells", and he loves his "Muk." So, sometimes we sing "Jingle bells" while nursing. The result? Now he will sometimes ask for "Jingle Muks."
    First time mom to DS, born 2/21/2011.

due with #2 6/26/2014

Currently , .

I asked DS (14 months) "Do you want nursey?" He starts giggling, gets a BIG smile, and goes "ya ya ya ya!". Then starts panting as I undo my bra. So cute and precious! I'm so glad we're still nursing His receptive language is just exploding, now...I can't mention 'nursey' in front of him anymore without him knowing what I'm saying and wanting it! I have to spell N-U-R-S-E-Y when talking to DH about it, instead. Also, he's started calling it "moo". Guess I'm his personal milk cow
    First-time mama to Joshua, 10/29/11. 29 months and going strong! for 14 months; now finished with pump weaning!

i really love these. thought of you ladies today when i made a deal with my little guys to nurse if he would put his bulldozer away he ran and put it with the other trucks and came running back to nurse. he also now says where he wants to nurse. like today he asked to nurse on the couch

When you watch a little bit of the Oscars with your almost two-year-old and he points at the screen and says with giggling delight, "Nyuks!" (milks). I realized that he was commenting on some of the lower-cut gowns that the women were wearing. :P

DS got a couple new dolls and stuffed animals for his birthday. The first thing he did after opening them was to bring them to me so they could nurse.
    First time mom to DS, born 2/21/2011.

due with #2 6/26/2014

Currently , .

How cute wigglebug!

My little guy now enjoys playing peekaboo while nursing. He'll cover his eyes while I ask 'where's Josh? Where did he go? He was right here a minute ago.' Then he 'reappears' and I say 'peekaboo!' and he laughs. He is also learning body parts and likes to point to various parts while he nurses and have me name them. Example, he points to his nose. "That's Josh's nose!" Then my nose. "Mommy's nose". Then my head "Mommy's head". Then his ear "Josh's ear". And so on and so forth. It's pretty cute He's learned to recognize an awful lot of body parts this way and knows nose, head, eyes, ears, tummy, foot, toes, and hands now.
    First-time mama to Joshua, 10/29/11. 29 months and going strong! for 14 months; now finished with pump weaning!