Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 40 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you're nursing a toddler when...

Default Re: You know you're nursing a toddler when...

My sweet 15 month old is not very verbal, but she gets her point across. Lately she has been very single minded while nursing. I nurse her on the couch after I get home from work at night, and she doesn't seem to want any conversation during that time. I was talking to her last night, you know, "I missed you today. I hope you were a good girl for Daddy," etc. She looked up at me with a horribly annoyed look on her face, pointed at my breast with one little finger and grunted. Seemed to say, "not now Mama, I'm nursing."
    Stephanie, mom to Jaime Hoban 11/04/07 and Annika Jayne 12/21/09

We . . . no room in the bed for more!

We love our cloth diapers!

I can finally post something in here!! It had me cracked up.

I was nursing Gavin before supper. He nursed for a few minutes and then popped off. He looked at the breast and waved "bye-bye". I laughed and said "all done?" He grinned. So I put it away. He paused and then screamed at me. So I said "what you want to switch?" and he nodded!
    I have never seen him nod yes. Only no. So this was hilarious! Who needs words to get what you mean across?!
    Amanda
    Formerly: baby-blue-eyes

Canadian Mum to Naomi Born 03/17/08 and has a dairy allergy we are hoping she will outgrow. Nursed for 1 year
    And Gavin Born 01/13/10. 22 months, still nursing and already determined to find every possible way of giving me a heart attack with his dare devilishness

when she de-latches to put both thumbs up and say "thumbs up!" for her "yummy milk"
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

You have to nurse his stuffed teddy 'bery' before he nurses! I love that while bery nurses ds make little noises as if the bear is actually drinking. And bery gets to nurse first every single time ds nurses, what a good sharer.
    Ds 9/09 nursed for 20 months

Dd 12/11 nursing a toddler again

YKYNATW....the nursing session goes something like this latch, sip, unlatch, points to my nose "Mom, thats cartilage" relatch, sip, unlatch, points to the bridge of my nose "And thats bone." relatch, sip sip sip.

Anatomy lessons during nursing sessions....
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*danlynclark View Post
    YKYNATW....the nursing session goes something like this latch, sip, unlatch, points to my nose "Mom, thats cartilage" relatch, sip, unlatch, points to the bridge of my nose "And thats bone." relatch, sip sip sip.

Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

I wonder what those "When they're old enough to talk..." people would have to say about that.
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*danlynclark View Post

Wow. We're still working on "nose" over here!

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

I'm an EBM feeder, but I still have a funny bit to add here...

My son knows his mother is "cooking" for him instinctively even when he is down on the floor in his bouncy chair or playing with Dad, where he can't see me, because he'll smell the breastmilk and say "uuunnnngggrrryyy"
    Proud wife to Paul , dedicated SAHM to our O.O. born 00:00:00 on 08 Nov 2010,

Look for us in the upcoming September 2011 issue of LLLGB's magazine, "BREASTFEEDING MATTERS" as well as LLL's upcoming booklet on relactation!
    & A proud daughter to a LLLL may she RIP.
    Relactated from scratch after a complicated birth(BAD hospital)...
    Now relatched and & ing after 5 months of 100% EBM feeding
    Planning permanent lactation.
    A millionaires baby fed with commercial baby milk has a poorer diet than the poorest family's baby who is breastfed.-WHO, 1997
    My story-for those looking to relactate, relatch, or boost their milk supply

...she loves to stick her finger in my belly button. (this makes me crazzzzzzy, for the record)

Christine
    Baby Girl Born 2/17/10 to her two mommies
    BF from day one. I looked up one day and realized I'm nursing a toddler!