Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: It's WORKING!!!!

Default It's WORKING!!!!

I can't thank you ladies enough for supporting me. All the ideas, and herbs, and pumping....and pumping for endless weeks....pumping.

I finally caved and educated myself as best I could about Dom and ordered some. After just 24hrs from the first dose....I woke up with full breasts. I almost cried. I managed to pump nearly 5oz collectively throughout the day, by pumping after each feed which is a far cry from my 2oz just days earlier. And and...I had just started AF. I'd noticed a teeeny bit of difference when I'd started the calcium/mag combo so hopefully if I stay on top of that I can avoid such a huge drop next time.

I got 6oz in a 12hr period at work and two days later (after the dom) I got 10oz! Then yesterday I was off and didn't have to supplement my little guy with ANY bottles!!! WOOO HOOO!

I'm still not getting enough at work but my next few days off I'm going to continue pumping after feeds to store up extra for my work days.

I was ready to throw in the towel. I felt so bad because my LO wasn't interested in any cereal or foods and really loves to nurse.

I'm trying to continue to be positive and plan to be on dom untill mr little guy is done with mommy. Which is fine with me! Even if I have to continue to do a bit of supplementing here and there....I don't have to quit! Here's praying it continues to work!
    Last edited by @llli*mpprincess; April 25th, 2010 at 12:11 PM.

Default Re: It's WORKING!!!!

I am sooooo happy for you! I know the feeling of joy when you see the milk flowing from pumping after seeing so little!!

Hi, I'm Allison

Mama to Henry Carl 12/28/06

7lbs, 15 oz, 20.5 in
    Breastfed for 20 months!

Mama to Ryan Thomas 11/20/08
    8lbs, 7 oz, 21 in
    Breastfed for 30 months!
    Mama to angel 4/03, Mama to angel 12/05

Feb TBTTW 33.1/70

I am so happy for you!
    I'm Colleen
    Mama to
    Silas born May 2009 ~ Nursed 18 mos, weaned during pregnancy, unweaned at 24 months, still nursing when he feels like it
    Lola born March 2011 ~ The Mary Lou Retton of toddler nursing
    Married to Brandon
    Using cloth on both bums

We hibernate together

! WTG Mama
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

YAY!!!
    JoEllen married to Jason 10-29-2005.

Mama to Logan 12-26-2007
    Breastfed for 2 years and weaned on his own terms

Our Lincoln 6-11-2011 to 9-12-2011
    my homebirthed-water baby, who was born with a broken heart

And our special blessing, Leonidas 9-5-2012. A toddler who loves his "boops!"

Come visit our blog here!

SURPRISE!!! We caught the first PP egg and are currently baking baby BOY #4! Due to arrive late-Jan/early-Feb

Where did you order the DOM from? I'm experiencing low milk supply, and it's been chronic low milk supply right around my son's birthday each month.
    Sharon
    http://sharonchristiansen.wordpress.com